Dickerson and Cimber to Blue Jays

Just now, FishFry said:

Why do I get 2 dislikes.  All I said was the @SOJ has gon full blown Samson.  

Its not an attack guys 

I beg to differ, calling someone David Samson is the biggest personal attack possible.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FishFry said:

Why do I get 2 dislikes.  All I said was the @SOJ has gon full blown Samson.  

Its not an attack guys 

And just because you had the balls to call it out I’ll change it to a banana to go along with them

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SonOfSamson said:

I'll admit I lost my cool a little, just getting a bit fed up with the front office as a whole because I'm passionate about the team. I don't like the continuous warning signs. I'd love for them to do anything to show they are actually trying to compete even if it means going into the piggy bank once in awhile. Hopefully that day comes at some point, but I am done holding my breath for it. Now I am in I'll believe it when I see it mode and I do not believe I'll ever see it. Would love to be wrong.

When someone compared me to David Samson, that was a real eye opening moment. I needed a moment of self reflection after that insult.

And you seemed to ignore the tweet where the Marlins appear to be sending more than the Jays. 😞

1 minute ago, Michael said:

And you seemed to ignore the tweet where the Marlins appear to be sending more than the Jays. 😞

I commented on that one I believe in another reply. There are conflicting reports on the financials. I am taking Passan's word for it until I hear more from him. Just based on experience of me seeing him be accurate often.

3 hours ago, SonOfSamson said:

I don't care about losing Dick or Cimber, but the financials part annoys me.

3 hours ago, Iowa said:

That's probably right but I'm not going to lose sleep over who we could have gotten for Adam bleepin Cimber. I'm just happy Sanchez will be playing everyday now

3 hours ago, SonOfSamson said:

The problem for me is that this is a sign of a much bigger issue. If they are cheap with this kind of thing, we have no hope of them being anything but cheap at other times.

Even if Passan ends up wrong and the fish tossed in a few cents, they still should've been willing to eat the whole thing or close to all of it. We aren't talking about 20 million here and the team doesn't exactly have a high payroll to begin with.

Cimber was an asset even if some disagree and they just used him as a way to dump salary. End of story.

2 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

We weren't going to get a can't miss prospect for Dickerson and Cimber even if we paid the entire salary of all players in the trade. I don't know why people just assume that the other team will give up more prospect capital instead of just paying the salary themselves. This can free up resources to get a long term pick up at the deadline. Regardless of where the Marlins are in the standings, that is where they will attempt to go. They are not at the beginning of the rebuild. The system is rebuilt. Get guys who are ready now. McInvale may walk a lot of guys but he gets a ton of K's and limits hits. I thought that's what you guys wanted out of a BP pitcher. Complete opposite of Cimber who is a pitch to contact guy.

I don't think anyone is upset about losing Dick or Cimber.  It's the optics of it and the flashbacks to the Loria days of the "what moves can we make to trim some payroll?" approach to every move.  Nobody expects to get Mike Trout for Dick/Cimber, but it's just a concerning action given the lack of other moves in the offseason or even earlier in season.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Mish says the Marlins are saying this is not a sell off and they're still going for it... obviously probably just PR talk but wtf? 

So what's the spin on this?

Trading Dickerson to keep Sanchez up and Panik is here to strengthen our bench? 

I guess that makes sense, they'll have to not shit the bed with the next trades to keep that narrative but if that's their spin they should have done this move a month ago. Feels like this same trade would have felt different when we weren't 11 games below 500 and in last place.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

With all this, it leans towards a buyers move for the Marlins. It helps the bench and starting lineup and does little to nothing for the minor league system. 

That's... something?

57 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I agree with this... and I know you're up in arms at the moment and there's no reason to believe otherwise but could they clear salary and still be trying to improve the MLB team? 

Haha, they actually tried to spin this as a "still going for it" move?

Like why now?   Why not make this move a month ago when it was very clear to anyone with eyes - blind or not - that we needed bench help?  Let's wait til we're out of it to get some help?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Damn seeing all my posts in one reply really makes me sound a bit wound up!

Lol, I was going to address each one but then figured I'd throw them all into a single comment.

I'm with you on the increasing red flags.

Red Flag Lori GIF by ABC Network

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.