Jump to content

Dickerson and Cimber to Blue Jays


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Michael said:

He said he'd do it though if it improves the team. 😭

He doesn't make the trades, he would accept it because he's a stand up guy but the decision still doesn't go through him. They don't need to do it unless the return is massive and I doubt it would be. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


35 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Reds need a shortstop fairly bigly. 

The only guys I would want from Cincy is Jonny India, Tyler Naquin, and Mark Kolozsvary. Not exactly an ideal haul for Miggy Ro even though Jon Boy (Jonny India is a friend of mine) would absolutely love to be here and fit the club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

The only guys I would want from Cincy is Jonny India, Tyler Naquin, and Mark Kolozsvary. Not exactly an ideal haul for Miggy Ro even though Jon Boy (Jonny India is a friend of mine) would absolutely love to be here and fit the club.

what a weird list.

the Reds have a decent lil farm system overall.  

They arent trading India and Naquin (thats just idiotic).

Kolozsvary is a who cares type of guy.  Fuck the guy is 25 and in A ball.  Sounds like the perfect kind of prospect for some around here.

 

Now if you could pry someone like a :

Hinds

Callihan

Johnson

Marlins should seriously look into that.  Not sure the Reds would be so excited, but they might be convinced if the Reds feel they truly have a shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

what a weird list.

the Reds have a decent lil farm system overall.  

They arent trading India and Naquin (thats just idiotic).

Kolozsvary is a who cares type of guy.  Fuck the guy is 25 and in A ball.  Sounds like the perfect kind of prospect for some around here.

 

Now if you could pry someone like a :

Hinds

Callihan

Johnson

Marlins should seriously look into that.  Not sure the Reds would be so excited, but they might be convinced if the Reds feel they truly have a shot.

And non of those three are ready within the next 2 years to go with everybody else. I chose Mark because he’s a defensive minded catcher batting .280 in AA right now and we have no promising catcher coming through the system while Mark might be up this September. 

 

Jon boy would be an improvement bat and defensive wise over BA especially being he graded out as the better 3rd baseman while both were in the SEC(and I believe Jon was a freshman.). Naquin also prelates AND makes Marte a bit expendable money wise.

Edited by ZfromCIS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

Jon boy would be an improvement bat and defensive wise over BA especially being he graded out as the better 3rd baseman while both were in the SEC(and I believe Jon was a freshman.). Naquin also prelates AND makes Marte a bit expendable money wise.

Alright but there's about a -70% (that's negative 70%) chance that Rojas gets us anything like that. They may really need a shortstop but they're not giving up India for anyone short of, say, Story. I was going to say Correa or Seager but they won't be traded since they're each important pieces of a contending team.

I love Miggy but, no way. He could get us a decent A+-ball prospect outside the receiving team's top 10, AA outside top 15.

Das has the right idea here.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Michael said:

Alright but there's about a -70% (that's negative 70%) chance that Rojas gets us anything like that. They may really need a shortstop but they're not giving up India for anyone short of, say, Story. I was going to say Correa or Seager but they won't be traded since they're each important pieces of a contending team.

I love Miggy but, no way. He could get us a decent A+-ball prospect outside the receiving team's top 10, AA outside top 15.

Das has the right idea here.

But that’s what he means in our value. It has to be something stupid for me to trade Miggy. Other than that why are we discussing about trading him? He’s the most loyal out of all the previous club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

But that’s what he means in our value. It has to be something stupid for me to trade Miggy. Other than that why are we discussing about trading him? He’s the most loyal out of all the previous club.

And has a fairly cheap team option for 22, yes.

Still have to be realistic, ya feel? Maybe we can get a team who just misses on Story be ready to overpay. It won't be to that level, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ZfromCIS said:

And non of those three are ready within the next 2 years to go with everybody else. I chose Mark because he’s a defensive minded catcher batting .280 in AA right now and we have no promising catcher coming through the system while Mark might be up this September. 

 

Jon boy would be an improvement bat and defensive wise over BA especially being he graded out as the better 3rd baseman while both were in the SEC(and I believe Jon was a freshman.). Naquin also prelates AND makes Marte a bit expendable money wise.

Neither India nor Naquin are being traded though if the Reds are buying.  That makes less than zero sense. 

I mean if the Marlins want to take back the catcher for Rojas then the Reds make that deal yesterday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ZfromCIS said:

But that’s what he means in our value. It has to be something stupid for me to trade Miggy. Other than that why are we discussing about trading him? He’s the most loyal out of all the previous club.

Yet you include a who cares catching prospect in what you want back.

🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Yet you include a who cares catching prospect in what you want back.

🤣

And? What does his ranking have anything to do with his actual ability? Did you ever watch him at UF? I did multiple times. Did you watch him when Pensacola played chatoonoga? I did. He would be one of the better catching prospects in baseball if he wasn’t 5’8 and even though he’s out performing higher ranked catchers in his own system and in other systems around baseball. You just listed a bunch of high school prep players that all have the same problem our hitting prospects have. High K rates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ZfromCIS said:

And? What does his ranking have anything to do with his actual ability? Did you ever watch him at UF? I did multiple times. Did you watch him when Pensacola played chatoonoga? I did. He would be one of the better catching prospects in baseball if he wasn’t 5’8 and even though he’s out performing higher ranked catchers in his own system and in other systems around baseball. You just listed a bunch of high school prep players that all have the same problem our hitting prospects have. High K rates.

Go run and tell Kim Ng to acquire him yesterday then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...