Dickerson and Cimber to Blue Jays

1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Holy crap, way to trade him at his low point. Unless they got a crazy good minor league pitcher (which I doubt) this is either a straight salary dump or ymthere was some kind of falling out with the team (which I also doubt). I’ll wait to pass judgement Until we see who the pitcher is.

Evidently we are sending salary over too 

1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Holy crap, way to trade him at his low point. Unless they got a crazy good minor league pitcher (which I doubt) this is either a straight salary dump or ymthere was some kind of falling out with the team (which I also doubt). I’ll wait to pass judgement Until we see who the pitcher is.

To be fair, I don’t think Corey Dickerson was going to reach his high point…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Erick said:

To be fair, I don’t think Corey Dickerson was going to reach his high point…

I meant that they waited till he was injured, but yeah Dickerson doesn’t mesh with what the marlins hitting philosophy is. I fully expect him to do great with the blue jays though, especially playing in that bandbox.

2 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I meant that they waited till he was injured, but yeah Dickerson doesn’t mesh with what the marlins hitting philosophy is. I fully expect him to do great with the blue jays though, especially playing in that bandbox.

I doubt he’ll even play every day for the Blue Jays when he comes back. Maybe I’m wrong about that, but the Blue Jays are loaded offensively. I think Cimber will be more valuable to them than Dickerson, and I’m not even a big Cimber fan (who’s in the Adam Cimber Fan Club?)

1 minute ago, Erick said:

I doubt he’ll even play every day for the Blue Jays when he comes back. Maybe I’m wrong about that, but the Blue Jays are loaded offensively. I think Cimber will be more valuable to them than Dickerson, and I’m not even a big Cimber fan (who’s in the Adam Cimber Fan Club?)

Yeah I’m all for trading Cimber, they basically got him for $100k if I remember correctly and this team is 100% out of it so overproducing bullpen arms like him are a good piece to move. And I’m pretty sure the trade was originally centered around only Cimber.  It’s just annoying they had to package Dickerson in with him just for some salary relief.

• The title was changed to Dickerson to Blue Jays