Sign in to follow this  
MarlinsFan19

Do we have a Top 5 Farm System Now? (Answer: Yes, top 4 to be exact!)

11 hours ago, Edwin Velez said:

These kids the Marlins have traded for have power galore but damn they have so much swing and miss

Marlins trying to catch up to the power trend.  Hope it doesnt pass them by.  

• Like 1

The real problem we have is that the Braves are 7th on that last and they have a massive head start with the guys already in the majors. Going to take a LOT for us to be competitive with them even by 2021

Who knows what's going to happen in the future. But so far, I got no complaints about the rebuild. 

And to add to the topic of discussion, we should get another prospect at the top of the upcoming draft. 

• Like 4

Hey guys, you're not gonna like to hear this but... jumping up to 4th best farm system in under two years probably makes it a lot less likely that Mike Hill gets canned. 

No matter what you think of him, being President of Baseball Operation during this significant overhaul in such a relatively short amount of time is a strong argument towards keeping him. 

11 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Hey guys, you're not gonna like to hear this but... jumping up to 4th best farm system in under two years probably makes it a lot less likely that Mike Hill gets canned. 

No matter what you think of him, being President of Baseball Operation during this significant overhaul in such a relatively short amount of time is a strong argument towards keeping him. 

Agreed. I think it’s pretty much guaranteed he stays.

27 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Agreed. I think it’s pretty much guaranteed he stays.

Hot take alert: I am OK with this. Shoot me 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

15 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Going from one of the worst systems to 4th in less than two years is super impressive. I know I've backed up Jeter a lot but this may truly be his greatest accomplishment so far. How anyone can not be happy about that accomplishment is beyond me. This is the biggest sign that maybe this is gonna work. At the very least I don't think anyone could have imagined a jump like this within two years especially with all the criticism within the first year so this is excellent. 

Without a ballooning payroll.

• Like 3