Trevor Bauer accused of assault

Chatty

51 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Who the fuck gets off on physical aggression to the point where it can cause a concussion? She's stupid for asking for it but he's just as stupid for agreeing to it. 

dood.

there is a giant sub culture of bdsm that yearns for this stuff.

• Like 1

Yeah that's a lot of ... not great stuff there in that article.

Some points where it mentions he continues actions after she's lost consciousness which is no longer consensual since it isn't possible to provide it further.

His side maintains everything was consensual but loss of consciousness would negate any actions after that.

Really bad.

• Like 1

“According to the woman’s declaration attached to the request and obtained by The Athletic, she suffered injuries as a result of the second encounter, including two black eyes, a bloodied swollen lip, significant bruising and scratching to one side of her face. In the woman’s declaration, signed under penalty of perjury of California state laws, she said that her medical notes state that she had ‘significant head and facial trauma’ and that there were signs of basilar skull fracture.”

From that article, the injuries she sustained sound like far more then "rough consensual sex".  You don't wind up with black eyes, skull fractures etc from that.

And as mentioned above the consciousness thing throws the consensual part out the window too.

He might be done in baseball after this depending on how charges land.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

From that article, the injuries she sustained sound like far more then "rough consensual sex".  You don't wind up with black eyes, skull fractures etc from that.

And as mentioned above the consciousness thing throws the consensual part out the window too.

He might be done in baseball after this depending on how charges land.

Right, so I don't see how he can be allowed to make his next scheduled start. Should be inactive while this is sorted out. And if this is all true, he should never play baseball again. Also should be in prison.

Edited by Chatty

12 minutes ago, Chatty said:

Right, so I don't see how he can be allowed to make his next scheduled start. Should be inactive while this is sorted out. And if this is all true, he should never play baseball again. Also should be in prison.

Already a pretty bad look for the Dodgers that they reportedly had him travel with the team and still have him as Sunday's scheduled pitcher. 

8 minutes ago, Chatty said:

Wtf? That's an odd thing for MLB to do.

On the initial news, I get it - otherwise what would be stopping people from throwing out all sorts of made up things to get player x, y, z out of the lineup on a given night.

But as more details have come out, and the seeming severity of them, I agree it's an odd move for them.

If I was a famous ballplayer and a woman wanted these things I would make sure I had all my receipts. Even cameras in the house (of course, I'd let her know beforehand and if she isn't down then its not happening). I also wouldn't let her lose consciousness, that's too far. But yeah, I'm not getting framed for all that just so you can cash in on my status.

I don't know Bauer or that woman, but what seems more plausible to me? A baseball player that I don't know moonlighting as a woman-beater (would she be the first though?), or a random woman who likes getting choked and would jump at the opportunity with a famous ballplayer, and then since the bills were too high for her injuries just claim sexual assault? Both are plausible but I figure Bauer has more to lose if that was his thing..

[Insert If she's innocent then throw the book at him, and if she is guilty charge her for the lies]

36 minutes ago, QbanCastillo said:

If I was a famous ballplayer and a woman wanted these things I would make sure I had all my receipts. Even cameras in the house (of course, I'd let her know beforehand and if she isn't down then its not happening). I also wouldn't let her lose consciousness, that's too far. But yeah, I'm not getting framed for all that just so you can cash in on my status.

I don't know Bauer or that woman, but what seems more plausible to me? A baseball player that I don't know moonlighting as a woman-beater (would she be the first though?), or a random woman who likes getting choked and would jump at the opportunity with a famous ballplayer, and then since the bills were too high for her injuries just claim sexual assault? Both are plausible but I figure Bauer has more to lose if that was his thing..

[Insert If she's innocent then throw the book at him, and if she is guilty charge her for the lies]

You certainly bring up a good point about what would essentially be blackmailing a rich/public figure, but from what's been reported it sounds like it went too far even if it were initially consensual.

19 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

Damn has there been a single incident that Manfred hasn’t bungled since he took over.

It really is astonishing how good he is at being bad at his job.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

Damn has there been a single incident that Manfred hasn’t bungled since he took over.

and you all say he is a failure!

Batting pretty damn near 1.000 though!  

Last I checked that was considered good!

Who's the failure now baby!?!?!

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.