Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
taiwanmarlin

Maybe we need the minor league game thread

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Vic D said:

Does Sierra ever get another shot?

At this point I think they should bring him up and give him an opportunity to have a decent stretch so they can trade him somewhere, cause I don’t see him getting a chance anywhere here honestly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bleday with a homer tonight, his third.

Fortes and Alonso homered earlier in game one of the doubleheader for Jupiter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 9:35 PM, marlinsmaniac said:

At this point I think they should bring him up and give him an opportunity to have a decent stretch so they can trade him somewhere, cause I don’t see him getting a chance anywhere here honestly. 

I think that's a bit presumptive. He is 23. Not 26. He clearly improve this year. We should let him spend next year in triple a. If he can strikeout less than 15% and walk more than 5% and play plus plus centerfield with a wrc+ of say 105(?) He would 100% have a place on this team. Don't bring him up, don't waste the option. Bring him up next year if he continues to improve.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 97marlin said:

I think that's a bit presumptive. He is 23. Not 26. He clearly improve this year. We should let him spend next year in triple a. If he can strikeout less than 15% and walk more than 5% and play plus plus centerfield with a wrc+ of say 105(?) He would 100% have a place on this team. Don't bring him up, don't waste the option. Bring him up next year if he continues to improve.

What I mean is he doesn’t have a FUTURE on this team. I think the fact that he hasn’t come up once and they put JT riddle in center a lot this year proves that. Far too many outfield options. You have Jesus Sanchez, Bleday, monte Harrison, that will be up in the big leagues by 2021 (and if I’m gonna have a 4th outfielder I want someone with some pop off the bench). So yeah bring him up with the expectation to trade him because unless what we have coming up completely tanks, he won’t be anything worth having around especially considering his lack of versatility (versatility being what got Riddle in there over him). An all defense-no offense fourth outfielder can be easily picked up when the time for contention rolls around.  

Also: I think cooper has earned his spot as that 4th outfielder / back up corner infielder so again, I just don’t see where he belongs. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

What I mean is he doesn’t have a FUTURE on this team. I think the fact that he hasn’t come up once and they put JT riddle in center a lot this year proves that. Far too many outfield options. You have Jesus Sanchez, Bleday, monte Harrison, that will be up in the big leagues by 2021 (and if I’m gonna have a 4th outfielder I want someone with some pop off the bench). So yeah bring him up with the expectation to trade him because unless what we have coming up completely tanks, he won’t be anything worth having around especially considering his lack of versatility (versatility being what got Riddle in there over him). An all defense-no offense fourth outfielder can be easily picked up when the time for contention rolls around.  

Also: I think cooper has earned his spot as that 4th outfielder / back up corner infielder so again, I just don’t see where he belongs. 

 

 

I hear what you are saying, but he is 23. And he has had some level of success in double a this year. If you bring him up you HAVE to trade him. No choice in the matter. He will not make the opening day roster, and he will be out of minor league options. So instead give him another year in the minors, see if the 24 year old version is better. It would be unwise to say "these are my outfielders, period". I think the decision with Riddle is more evidence that they think of Sierra as a long term option. They feel that due to his glove he has potential, and they like the improvements he had made thus far in the season. I think Sierra is right now not a sure thing in the marlins future plans, but is it possible he becomes a more valuable asset than Harrison, yeah. It absolutely is. Sierra doesn't have enough pop, but he has been trying to improve that all year. And if he comes to triple a and can be good, he will make enough contact to be successful. 

Just to be clear I don't think he is the answer, for sure. But I absolutely think it's worth having him in the organization. For that reason it would be dumb to bring him up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...