Sign in to follow this  
taiwanmarlin

Maybe we need the minor league game thread

Just now, Michael said:

Smooth as Jazz.

No wonder he is a top prospect.  Guys like that are rare.  

If Isan Diaz goes 3-4 tonight he will be hitting .305 after 100 games. I think that is grounds for a call up ahead of the game on Saturday. Would love to see Diaz's debut in person.

Did you guys know Daniel Castano has looked really good in his 7 starts in double a? He has 5 walks to 28 k's over 33 innings in that time, why aren't we talking about this guy. He is only 24. He gets a lot of ground balls. Does anyone else know anything about this guy?

1 minute ago, 97marlin said:

Did you guys know Daniel Castano has looked really good in his 7 starts in double a? He has 5 walks to 28 k's over 33 innings in that time, why aren't we talking about this guy. He is only 24. He gets a lot of ground balls. Does anyone else know anything about this guy?

Just that he was the '4th guy' in the Ozuna trade. I saw he was used as a reliever earlier this year. Nice to see him doing good in a starting role again.

1 minute ago, FishFan95 said:

Just that he was the '4th guy' in the Ozuna trade. I saw he was used as a reliever earlier this year. Nice to see him doing good in a starting role again.

What if this new regime is really really really good at judging talent? Could we be really good? Tommy Eveld was really good at double A (not so at triple a) but still very promising. 

What if the organization knows who is going to be a major leaguer, and they aren't just taking random shots?

• Like 2

Just now, 97marlin said:

What if this new regime is really really really good at judging talent? Could we be really good? Tommy Eveld was really good at double A (not so at triple a) but still very promising. 

What if the organization knows who is going to be a major leaguer, and they aren't just taking random shots?

Nah, man. These are the Marlins we are talking about. They are bad at everything and all the players acquired are already busts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FishFan95 said:

Nah, man. These are the Marlins we are talking about. They are bad at everything and all the players acquired are already busts.

You're right. I was just having a crazy thought. 

Then I remembered how bad Brinson has been since the beginning of july.

44 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

TB announcers are discussing Nick Anderson like he’s the greatest setup man in history 

they have to make sound like Michael Hill is dumb ass and they got a steal, but we ALL know he's a genius 

• Laugh 1

8 minutes ago, 97marlin said:

He pitched again tonight. Add 7 innings, no runs, no walks, and 5 strikeouts to your count.