Sign in to follow this  
taiwanmarlin

Maybe we need the minor league game thread

6 minutes ago, 97marlin said:

Did you guys know Daniel Castano has looked really good in his 7 starts in double a? He has 5 walks to 28 k's over 33 innings in that time, why aren't we talking about this guy. He is only 24. He gets a lot of ground balls. Does anyone else know anything about this guy?

Yeah I'm pretty intrigued by him. I got used to him as a reliever, kinda labeled him as such in my mind. I'll deff keep an eye out every fifth game for him now. Could be a diamond in the rough future starter for the big club.

1 minute ago, Vic D said:

Yeah I'm pretty intrigued by him. I got used to him as a reliever, kinda labeled him as such in my mind. I'll deff keep an eye out every fifth game for him now. Could be a diamond in the rough future starter for the big club.

He is a control guy. 4 starts of 6 plus. 1 walk 24 k's. Right now he probably is a pitch away. But if this continues maybe not?

Is connor scott for real? Why do all of these people struggle in A ball and somehow hit high a hard (Scott, and Devers mostly)?

3 minutes ago, 97marlin said:

Is connor scott for real? Why do all of these people struggle in A ball and somehow hit high a hard (Scott, and Devers mostly)?

For one thing, Scott was on fire before he moved up. In his last 21 games he had a slash line of .353/.409/.494

We're absolutely loaded with OF talent at every level. So many possible combinations for what the future starting 3 could look like.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Vic D said:

We're absolutely loaded with OF talent at every level. So many possible combinations for what the future starting 3 could look like.

That's the idea. Acquire as many talented prospects as possible and hope at least a few pan out. Some won't, but hopefully a few do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vic D said:

Yeah, just choosing the best three !!!

Bleday, Sanchez, Harrison, Misner, Mesa, Scott, Encarnacion, Miller, Pompey, Mesa Jr., Burdick, Brinson, Harold Ramirez, Sierra. Hell I'm probably missing some less touted ones too. I honestly find it nearly impossible that there isn't 3 high impact Major League OF within that list. And they should all be ready by 2022. 

• Like 2