Marte Extension? (The Continuation)

On 7/7/2021 at 11:15 PM, Michael said:

Usually I stock up my farm system with guys who are 18, 19, 20 years old deep down in the free agency list with A or B potential and two years later the team is stacked three levels deep. It's silly.

That reminds me of what some schmuck in the CBL did with the Gotham Knights.

On 7/9/2021 at 11:32 AM, Valid said:

Lmao. He'll be 33 years old in October and has a lifetime .793 OPS. I would hardly blame the Marlins for not wanting to go four years on him.

The idea that Marte is this guy that we absolutely cannot lose is funny to me. He's not Miguel Cabrera. Yeah I want to keep him, but only at a reasonable cost.

Like, if you didn't walk away when the Marlins traded Stanton and Yelich but will walk away if they let Starling Marte go? Then that's really, really silly.

Agreed! They guy also has only hit 20 hrs or more twice in his career , has never had anymore then 82rbi’s in a season and has only batted .300 once in his career, along with missing a bunch of games and as u pointed out he’ll be 33 in a few months..

honestly what the Marlins have offered is a reasonable offer..

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I agree with not giving a guaranteed 4th year.  But 3 is interesting.

8 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

Sounds very marlins!

Hardly.   The "Marlins" thing to do is to not trade him, not extend him, and DFA him for nothing.

Saw someone on the Twitters complaining about the Marlins trading Marte.

I have a problem with the Marlins not extending Marte but I have no problem with them trading him if they can't extend him.

I feel like there's a difference between the two outcomes. The trade itself isn't the issue and isn't a bad thing on its own. 

55 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Saw someone on the Twitters complaining about the Marlins trading Marte.

I have a problem with the Marlins not extending Marte but I have no problem with them trading him if they can't extend him.

I feel like there's a difference between the two outcomes. The trade itself isn't the issue and isn't a bad thing on its own. 

To your point, knowing you’re not resigning Marte and NOT trading him is the worst possible outcome. Be upset if you wanted them to keep him at all costs, but don’t limit the future so you can have 70 useless games of him here 

• Like 2