Marte Extension? (The Continuation)

Michael

19 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Even talking to Marte sounds like a huge thing at this point. Won't hold my breath but hopefully they wanna prove wrong that article that said that Marte was already out of their price range. 

Good, quick someone write an article about other things they need to do. Prove us wrong!

6 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Good, quick someone write an article about other things they need to do. Prove us wrong!

"Marlins do not prioritize winning - an article."

"OHHH WE'LL SHOW THEM!"

*Marlins win remaining games and sweep postseason*

43 minutes ago, Michael said:

"Marlins do not prioritize winning - an article."

"OHHH WE'LL SHOW THEM!"

*Marlins win remaining games and sweep postseason*

Sign me up lol.

Someone call them bottom feeders again.

Edited by rmc523

2 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

Just needed to free up some salary space...

"we used the money we freed up by dumping Dickerson to Toronto and are pleased to announce we have offered Starling Marte a 4 year 4 million deal! and are just awaiting to hear back from his agent"

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Michael said:

I mean, it's something. As long as it's a respectful offer. They can't say "well we tried" and then we find out it was a 5 year deal worth $5M.

"we offered Starling Marte a very fair contract and he decided to test the open market as a free agent instead. We wish him the best of luck and will keep our original offer on the table if Starling decides he wants to continue his career as a Cool, International Miami Marlin."

"They offered me one bitcoin"

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Michael said:

I mean, it's something. As long as it's a respectful offer. They can't say "well we tried" and then we find out it was a 5 year deal worth $5M.

Agreed - it they offer something reasonable and he declines, it is what it is - may not like it, but we don't always get what we want.

Totally different story if they offer something absurd that's not even in the realm of possibility he'd take it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Imagine if they lowball him excepting him not to sign and he accepts it just to screw up their plans. And then he just tells the media "told u I really wanted to stay here." 

"Marte and Marlins agree to extension!"

Media Day

"Starling, why did you agree to such a low contract total? I mean 6 years at just $2 million each, seems so ... odd."

Starling: "... wait I thought they said $22 million."

CheapJeter: *evil cackle*

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Michael said:

"Marte and Marlins agree to extension!"

Media Day

"Starling, why did you agree to such a low contract total? I mean 6 years at just $2 million each, seems so ... odd."

Starling: "... wait I thought they said $22 million."

CheapJeter: *evil cackle*

Lol.   The contract has the teeny tiniest period between the 2's of 22 M so that it's actually 2.2 M

11 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Lol.   The contract has the teeny tiniest period between the 2's of 22 M so that it's actually 2.2 M

"Read the fine print."

I did!

"No the F I N E print."

........ oh, shitfuck.

• Haha 1