Marte Extension? (The Continuation)

Michael

29 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Oh I am sure. All along though I have just wanted them to make a fair effort, same thing I wanted with realmuto in the off-season. Making no effort or an unrealistic effort would be unacceptable 

Realmuto burned his bridges here. No reason to trust a player now who left for the same problems we are at now. 

I mentioned 3/50 before, that seems very fair.  

28 minutes ago, FishFry said:

Realmuto burned his bridges here. No reason to trust a player now who left for the same problems we are at now. 

I mentioned 3/50 before, that seems very fair.  

See, if they walked away from 3/50, I would completely understand. That's almost $17 million annually over three seasons, which I actually think is a lot for Marte. If he were 29 or 30, I would be okay with it, but he'll be 33 by the start of next season and has really been nothing more than just a solid player throughout his career. I would probably be okay with a two-year deal at that price, but not anything more. I'm not a fan of taking a long-term risk on him.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Valid said:

See, if they walked away from 3/50, I would completely understand. That's almost $17 million annually over three seasons, which I actually think is a lot for Marte. If he were 29 or 30, I would be okay with it, but he'll be 33 by the start of next season and has really been nothing more than just a solid player throughout his career. I would probably be okay with a two-year deal at that price, but not anything more. I'm not a fan of taking a long-term risk on him.

3/50 would be a premium price.  Is it worth the service of a veteran who will only add stability with leadership (qualities)?   Probably not, but at least it (FO) shows something.  Marte’s stats are starting to level out as I said they would.  

I’m on the trade wagon now because they haven’t fired Don.

I agree with you a 2 year deal would be fantastic for a Marte and the Marlins.  He’s not going to get a low offer but it might not be high either.  

Edited by FishFry

6 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, someone looks at the standings and it looks like this team is terrible.  But they really aren't - the pitching is there.  just haven't had anywhere near consistent enough offense to overcome even the miniscule runs the starters are allowing on most given nights.

Off of the Marte topic, but if Sandy Leon is the best bat available, we're going to struggle to score runs.

Pitching is absolutely there.  

I think were seeing about what we expected from the team this year, right?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cyoung said:

Off of the Marte topic, but if Sandy Leon is the best bat available, we're going to struggle to score runs.

Pitching is absolutely there.  

I think were seeing about what we expected from the team this year, right?

The offense is exactly how I said it would play before the season started. Tons of very low scoring games punctuated with the occasional huge outburst when everyone isn't whiffing 3x a game. If some moron like me could see how poorly the roster was built I'd hope the guys and gal paid huge money in the FO could tell too. Guess not?

8 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Could just be an opening offer which would be acceptable. If that's the final offer though, same old shit

Dunno if ten per is really even an acceptable opener. Oh well, could be rumor anyway

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

Dunno if ten per is really even an acceptable opener. Oh well, could be rumor anyway

Marte wants 12.5 per it seems, so this could be closer than we think. But as @SonOfJack says/implies, it better improve soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Marte wants 12.5 per it seems, so this could be closer than we think. But as @SonOfJack says/implies, it better improve soon.

If he really only wants 12.5 that's kinda a dick move to even offer less than that up front. Unless he wants something stupid like 6-8 years at 12.5. if he truly is willing to take that for 3-4 years then why even bother negotiating ? Give the fans something to be happy about!

• Like 4

Just now, hovertical said:

If he really only wants 12.5 that's kinda a dick move to even offer less than that up front. Unless he wants something stupid like 6-8 years at 12.5. if he truly is willing to take that for 3-4 years then why even bother negotiating ? Give the fans something to be happy about!

I agree with that.

5 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I agree with you.

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Does he really want 12.5 exact or is that him negotiating and he would really take less? If he really loves Miami he could take 10 and be happy. 

12.5 is what he's got for this year I believe. So that'd be a cut regardless.

4/48 might do it.

• Like 1