Marte Extension? (The Continuation)

Michael

Marte is the type of productive bat this team needs and he actually wants to be here. If they had given him what he wants he would have still been a discount for the Marlins. Is he irreplaceable? Not at all. But he's gonna leave and any replacement for him is gonna cost even more to bring in.

This is like selling your perfectly good car and then realizing you still need a car and now you're gonna have to go pay more for a new car. Idiots.

• Like 2

AFter last season, I had hopes that the Marlins would become a respected and well-run organization.  Instead, the Marlins are more of a joke than ever (even worse than Loria).  What players will want to come here?  If it hasn't happened already, even Jeter is not enough of an influence to want to come here to this cheap dumpster fire... I have absolutely ZERO faith or confidence in this ownership / FO to run a sustainable successful franchise.... It is obvious they either have no clue or they only care about trying to make a profit the cheapest way possible at the expense of alienating and fucking over the fan base... We deserve better than this crap.  I really wish there was a Town Hall kinda thing with this ownership so this fan base can tell them off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Instead, the Marlins are more of a joke than ever (even worse than Loria).  What players will want to come here?

Disagree. I think you're jumping the gun on this one. Jeter's regime has been seen very positively within baseball at least going into this season. They haven't undone that to Loria levels yet. 

20 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Disagree. I think you're jumping the gun on this one. Jeter's regime has been seen very positively within baseball at least going into this season. They haven't undone that to Loria levels yet. 

What other teams are this cheap? Who else uses pitchers as PHers as much as the Marlins do and has bullpen games constantly because of lack of depth? We had areas of need going into this season that had to be addressed and haven't been This regime is really showing its incompetence right now, it is a joke until they fix what is broken

8 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

What other teams are this cheap? Who else uses pitchers as PHers as much as the Marlins do and has bullpen games constantly because of lack of depth? We had areas of need going into this season that had to be addressed and haven't been This regime is really showing its incompetence right now, it is a joke until they fix what is broken

To be fair, the pitchers as pinch hitters thing is 100% on Mattingly because every time he's done that, there have been actual hitters available and he's made the CHOICE to send up a pitcher.

Agree with you on the bullpen game thing though. Every team has to have one every once in a while because of injuries or whatever, but when you have SCHEDULED bullpen games, MULTIPLE times through a rotation? That's garbage. 

5 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

To be fair, the pitchers as pinch hitters thing is 100% on Mattingly because every time he's done that, there have been actual hitters available and he's made the CHOICE to send up a pitcher.

It's also a joke that Mattingly was kept on and extended... The ownership coulda stepped in and told Don to stop using pitchers as PHers, but they seem OK with it as well.... A team trying to contend doesn't do that, again it tells me the PTB don't care

• Like 1

Jeter is liked all around baseball and Donnie is respected. This regime improved the farm system tremendously and has, at the very least, set the ship on the right path as opposed to the dumpster fire that was the Loria regime. 2021 has been a disaster but this regime isn't the joke inside baseball that Loria was. Bad managing and questionable roster construction isn't gonna make the organization a joke to players. To us die hard fans sure but I highly doubt MLB players are bothered by this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Jeter is liked all around baseball and Donnie is respected. This regime improved the farm system tremendously and has, at the very least, set the ship on the right path as opposed to the dumpster fire that was the Loria regime. 2021 has been a disaster but this regime isn't the joke inside baseball that Loria was. Bad managing and questionable roster construction isn't gonna make the organization a joke to players. To us die hard fans sure but I highly doubt MLB players are bothered by this.

This is true even down to the manager. Marlins fans, Dodgers fans, and a few fans of other NL East teams see how terrible Mattingly is as a manager, but everyone else thinks he's great. 

20 hours ago, FishFry said:

I never felt such apathy from a FO and I’ve been a Marlin fan since their expansion.  It’s not all about spending money either, it’s more about their attitude, how they know more than anyone and don’t have to answer to anyone kind of mentality.

Agree with this - I don't need them to roll out a Yankees or Dodgers payroll every year.  I just want them to act like they care.  Attempt to get some bench depth when you have issues - not 2 months after when you're out of it and freefalling.  Attempt to get a SP so there isn't a bullpen day every other day.......better yet, sign a vet starter in the offseason like everyone here said (or at least I did) to eat innings with the inevitable injuries to the pitching staff.  Don't go into the season with glaring holes, and just patch it with "we didn't expect to score runs"

That said, I don't think they're as bad as their record is - various stats point to this, and I think they've had incredibly bad luck in multiple ways, but management's seeming to just throw their hands up and accept it is pissing me off.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, CyggyMarlin said:

AFter last season, I had hopes that the Marlins would become a respected and well-run organization.  Instead, the Marlins are more of a joke than ever (even worse than Loria).  What players will want to come here?  If it hasn't happened already, even Jeter is not enough of an influence to want to come here to this cheap dumpster fire... I have absolutely ZERO faith or confidence in this ownership / FO to run a sustainable successful franchise.... It is obvious they either have no clue or they only care about trying to make a profit the cheapest way possible at the expense of alienating and fucking over the fan base... We deserve better than this crap.  I really wish there was a Town Hall kinda thing with this ownership so this fan base can tell them off.

5,000 fans a home game, and many games the opposite team has more fans in attendance should be giving them the message, Project Wolverine is and has been a fail. 

I too believe the luster of Jeter has worn off. No one is coming here to play for him. They have buried themselves with their arrogance and it's the fans that have to suffer....if they stay fans.

32 minutes ago, Fotog said:

5,000 fans a home game, and many games the opposite team has more fans in attendance should be giving them the message, Project Wolverine is and has been a fail. 

I too believe the luster of Jeter has worn off. No one is coming here to play for him. They have buried themselves with their arrogance and it's the fans that have to suffer....if they stay fans.

Makes you wonder if relocation of the Marlins is becoming more of a possibility.

5 hours ago, Michael said:

"$30M? That's so much ... whose salary can we trade?"

If we had a bad contract, I am sure they'd package it with Marte to dump salary at the cost of a better return. Hell maybe they do that with Bass.

32 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

If we had a bad contract, I am sure they'd package it with Marte to dump salary at the cost of a better return. Hell maybe they do that with Bass.

Ng screaming into the phone, but politely "ALRIGHT SO HOW DOES A DEAL SOUND WHERE YOU GIVE US THOSE THREE PROSPECTS AND YOU TAKE MARTE AND THIS PROSPECT andanthonybassandhisdeal SOUND GOOD?!"

Other GM: "What did you say after Prospect?"

Ng: "SOUND GOOD!?!?!?!"

Other GM: "It sounded like --"

Ng: "MARTE OR NO andbasswithcontract?"

Other GM: "There it is aga-- ok fine we'll do it whatever."

Ng: "Alright we've agreed, good."

BREAKING: Marlins trade Luis Marte and Anthony Bass for top three prospects.

Other GM: "What the fuhh ..."

• Haha 2

A name thrown around as a potential guy in return for Marte is Heliot Ramos from the Giants.

I wouldn’t doubt this happens. Back when we traded Stanton, our preferred trade was to trade him to the Giants for Ramos (and Joe Panik who we ended up getting lol). Anyone remember this?

Also: Heliot Ramos probably won’t be good.

1 minute ago, Erick said:

A name thrown around as a potential guy in return for Marte is Heliot Ramos from the Giants.

I wouldn’t doubt this happens. Back when we traded Stanton, our preferred trade was to trade him to the Giants for Ramos (and Joe Panik who we ended up getting lol). Anyone remember this?

Also: Heliot Ramos probably won’t be good.

I remember this.