Sign in to follow this  
Italian Marlins Fan

2020 Marlins: The Future as we know it?

The Miami Marlins now have a legitimate top 5 farm system according to some baseball insiders. It’s time to think about the 2020 Marlins and what they will look like. In my opinion, the future could very well be next year for the Marlins. They will probably have a new manager. It is the last year before their tv deal expires. It is going to be a very pivotal season. With that being said, I would like to see a lot of our “Baby Fish” make their debut. I strongly believe that this could look a lot like (not exact obviously) our 2020 Miami Marlins, which resembles the 2006 Marlins a lot with all those Rookies. I am really excited for next year because it looks like we are finally going to be seeing some of our highly rated prospects come up to the show. 

2020 Miami Marlins

Rotation

Sixto Sanchez 

Caleb Smith

Edward Cabrera

Sandy Alcantara

Jordan Yamamoto

Bullpen

Tayron Guerrero

Jarlin Garcia

Austin Brice

Ryne Stanek

Jorge Guzman

Jose Urena 

Pablo Lopez

Line-Up

CF Monte Harrison

2B Isan Diaz

RF JJ Bleday

3B Brian Anderson

C Jorge Alfaro

1B Lewin Diaz

SS Jazz Chisholm

LF Jesus Sanchez

P

Bench

Miguel Rojas

Bryan Holaday

Garrett Cooper

Neil Walker

Jon Berti

This is not a playoff roster. But I think between 2021-2023 is when you will start seeing the Marlins being really competitive. 

• Like 4

Switch Pablo with Sandy and I'm all in. Super promising to see this. Then there's a whole other talented rotation and lineup waiting in the minors. Incredible.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vic D said:

Switch Pablo with Sandy and I'm all in. Super promising to see this. Then there's a whole other talented rotation and lineup waiting in the minors. Incredible.

Sandy was just our All-Star rep I can’t do that. At least not yet lol

• Sad 1

I agree that 2020 is when we start seeing the major league product blossom. Less holdover veterans taking up roster space (Castro Walker Granderson Prado) and more experience behind the young guys... at the very least we're not bottom feeders anymore and I think we're closer to .500 and with some luck we're pushing third place in the division. 

• Like 1

Would rather see Urena traded and Quijada in the pen. Also switch Alcantara and Lopez until Alcantara proves he can be consistent or Lopez proves he cannot.

12 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I agree that 2020 is when we start seeing the major league product blossom. Less holdover veterans taking up roster space (Castro Walker Granderson Prado) and more experience behind the young guys... at the very least we're not bottom feeders anymore and I think we're closer to .500 and with some luck we're pushing third place in the division. 

Right now we are basically a .500 team (only 2 under in the last 66 games). Unless the guys listed have some early career struggles, then this team listed is a legitimate Wild Card dark horse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FishFan95 said:

Right now we are basically a .500 team (only 2 under in the last 66 games). Unless the guys listed have some early career struggles, then this team listed is a legitimate Wild Card dark horse.

I’m gunna say between 2021-2023 for making the playoffs. I’m being a little conservative with my estimate, but what is not debatable is the Marlins have a lot of good talent in the minors and I’m sure next year will be very fun with a lot of new young guys. Top 5 farm ftw 

• Like 1

Cabrera, Bleday, J Sanchez, Jazz, and maybe Lewin seem more like mid season callups. 2021 will be the true 2006 equivalent more likely.

1 minute ago, EricOwens! said:

Cabrera, Bleday, J Sanchez, Jazz, and maybe Lewin seem more like mid season callups

Mid-season 2020? Perfectly fine.

Just now, Michael said:

Mid-season 2020? Perfectly fine.

Yeah exactly. From a development and contract perspective it makes most sense.