7/4 post game

14 minutes ago, Michael said:

Tommy doesn't want to get fired but believe me he's thinking the same things we are.

Probably.  I just don’t know how to react too that besides feeling more frustration. 

19 minutes ago, Michael said:

Tommy doesn't want to get fired but believe me he's thinking the same things we are.

Tommy doesnt work the Marlins.  

I'm sure Sinclair wouldn't care that much about critiquing a teams manager and sense of urgency.  Other broadcasters do it religiously.

i'm sure when its time to renew the contract the Marlins wont be all, well that one time Hutton critiqued us so fuck you. 

No 

fawk this team.  trash.  every night.  outside of Bender this bullpen has been GARBAGE this season - and if not for Bender coming in well after the season started the FO went into the season with a bullpen full of pitch-to-contact guys in an era of high velocities and whiffs, we bring in the contact crew.  Fuck 'em. Incredibly underwhelmed by how the roster was constructed prior to the start of the season and even less than impressed now.  Literally threw a whole fucking season of top notch starting pitching down the shitter for no real discernible reason other than "I want to see more".  I boycotted watching games the first full season of Sherman and Jeter and barring a real, serious attempt at constructing a roster this coming offseason I have zero issues boycotting watching next seasons games.  I've wasted too many goddam hours of my life being angry this year.  Fuck 'em. 

Lucky you, i'll still post though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hovertical said:

fawk this team.  trash.  every night.  outside of Bender this bullpen has been GARBAGE this season - and if not for Bender coming in well after the season started the FO went into the season with a bullpen full of pitch-to-contact guys in an era of high velocities and whiffs, we bring in the contact crew.  Fuck 'em. Incredibly underwhelmed by how the roster was constructed prior to the start of the season and even less than impressed now.  Literally threw a whole fucking season of top notch starting pitching down the shitter for no real discernible reason other than "I want to see more".  I boycotted watching games the first full season of Sherman and Jeter and barring a real, serious attempt at constructing a roster this coming offseason I have zero issues boycotting watching next seasons games.  I've wasted too many goddam hours of my life being angry this year.  Fuck 'em. 

Thank gods bb 😘 

The A’s rank 11th in team ERA and 20th in batting ave but have a 13 wins above .500

The Marlins rank 5th in team ERA and 21st in batting ave yet are 12 losses below .500

Keep in mind, the A’s also have the DH.

The Marlins roster isnt bad.  It is horribly coached and managed is all  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

I always loved the idea of bringing in pitch to contact guys In the bullpen when the ballpark is gigantic. 

1 hour ago, pollythewog said:

“He’s our closer” lol

This press conference didn't make me feel any better about the situation. In fact, it furthers the thought that he's completely inept.  He saw everything EXACTLY the same way that we did, and thought how he handled it was the best decision.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

“He’s our closer” and Anthony Bender only pitched the 8th because “he’s our setup guy” couldn’t throw 30 pitches 3 consecutive days.

Also, “John Curtiss has a great K-BB ratio, but he has too many s’s in his last name so I don’t trust him in high leverage situations, ever.”

Edited by Erick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.