Rogers named to All-Star Game Roster

Called it on June 3rd!

Although now that I look back on it, I realize how dumb it looks when I wrote “I think that Trevor Rogers will be selected as a pitcher.”

Like what else would he be selected as, Shortstop? 😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Called it on June 3rd!

Although now that I look back on it, I realize how dumb it looks when I wrote “I think that Trevor Rogers will be selected as a pitcher.”

Like what else would he be selected as, Shortstop? 😂

I mean......if Don was managing, maybe...

Edited by rmc523

I guess they did toy with their skipping starts bullshit but I've never understood how great players fall for these pranks on the day that the ASG rosters are announced. 

Maybe Trevor was being professional and playing along but how does he not think of being told he made the AS team when he's called into the manager's office on AS roster day? 

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

I guess they did toy with their skipping starts bullshit but I've never understood how great players fall for these pranks on the day that the ASG rosters are announced. 

Maybe Trevor was being professional and playing along but how does he not think of being told he made the AS team when he's called into the manager's office on AS roster day? 

Either he has no emotions or he was acting there. I think he knew what was going on.

5 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Either he has no emotions or he was acting there. I think he knew what was going on.

He does seem very dry but I guess he also can't laugh at his manager and be like "nah you're fucking with me Don" 

Proud of this dude. Super pumped he's on our team. Really looking forward to watching him mow batters down for years to come in a Marlins uniform. Major key piece to our team. Hope we can turn into an overall winner for him, Pablo and Sandy to pitch for.

• Like 2

Well deserved. Congrats!

Week one I could tell Trevor and Jazz were severely underrated. That’s why I started grabbing some of their cards. Wish I would have grabbed even more back in April!

If Jazz hadn’t gone cold the last 4 weeks, he would have had a shot, I think. Marte if he had been healthy throughout. Sandy and Pablo could’ve made it, but I’m not upset that they didn’t.

Is each team still required to have a rep?

4 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

Well deserved. Congrats!

Week one I could tell Trevor and Jazz were severely underrated. That’s why I started grabbing some of their cards. Wish I would have grabbed even more back in April!

If Jazz hadn’t gone cold the last 4 weeks, he would have had a shot, I think. Marte if he had been healthy throughout. Sandy and Pablo could’ve made it, but I’m not upset that they didn’t.

Is each team still required to have a rep?

Bender also could’ve made it if Mattingly knew how to be a manager. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Yeah technically the injured guy is still an All Star so each team is still represented. That's one rule I do like.

I mean.  Sure, but at the actual game the guy doesn't play/isn't there.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I mean.  Sure, but at the actual game the guy doesn't play/isn't there.

Depending on the severity of the injury and on personal choice a lot of injured All stars still attend the game to take in the memories of it especially if it's their first selection. I'm sure you're thinking of 2012 when Stanton didn't attend but that's not every case. And obviously not playing isn't relevant here because several healthy All Stars never get into the game anyways. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.