Sixto done for year, headed for shoulder surgery

10 minutes ago, Michael said:

Given that we've got Sandy, Pablo, and J'Daniel doing well and Meyer, Ed, and Eder (and McCambley and Perez and Poteet and Thompson) all as viable options to fill out the rotation, if they use Sixto's injury as an excuse ... lol.

mmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmm

3 hours ago, Michael said:

Should tears and surgeries usually take longer than Tommy John recoveries do usually, so, probably 15-18 months which runs through the whole of the 2022 season.

I don't think that's correct.  Tommy John takes longer because you are replacing a ligament and it needs time to strengthen.  With a torn labrum, you're just repairing a tear.  You're not replacing anything.  Also, its a small tear from all accounts.  I'm reading that they expect him back for spring training next year.  Let's hope that's the case.  

7 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

I don't think that's correct.  Tommy John takes longer because you are replacing a ligament and it needs time to strengthen.  With a torn labrum, you're just repairing a tear.  You're not replacing anything.  Also, its a small tear from all accounts.  I'm reading that they expect him back for spring training next year.  Let's hope that's the case.  

If so then great! I'd love to be wrong here.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Given that we've got Sandy, Pablo, and J'Daniel doing well and Meyer, Ed, and Eder (and McCambley and Perez and Poteet and Thompson) all as viable options to fill out the rotation, if they use Sixto's injury as an excuse ... lol.

Yep. Remember when they said they were building up depth so that they can just slide in the next great player if someone goes down? No one player's injury or other setback should be an excuse for this team to not keep pushing forward.

7 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Days like today makes me thrilled to deal with the bullshit of my team over the bullshit of this team any day of the week. 

So go over there and stay?

3 hours ago, Rydawg said:

This is the Marlins we're talking about here - it's typically "player X stubbed his toe, should be back tomorrow"......tomorrow rolls around........"player X actually broke his back, out indefinitely.....whoops, hehe"

13 hours ago, rmc523 said:

So go over there and stay?

This is the Marlins we're talking about here - it's typically "player X stubbed his toe, should be back tomorrow"......tomorrow rolls around........"player X actually broke his back, out indefinitely.....whoops, hehe"

I think that was more the Loria regime and not this one.  I could be wrong. 

I'd be curious to know how often other teams do that "well it was nothing but now its something" injury reporting. Wouldn't doubt that it happens to us a lot but that also sounds like something a lot of other teams probably do too.

This fucking sucks. So he may not be available til 2023 at the EARLIEST?! Jeter, or whoever the fuck has the most say on all transactions, needs to be smart this off-season/trade deadline by either resigning Marte at fair value, trading him for fair value, and also listening for offers on Aguilar as well. We need to keep stacking prospects, especially hitter prospects. I’m not convinced worth a damn about some of our hitters in the MILB. You’re telling me after 3+ years of the rebuild, your best prospect position player wise is Jazz Chisholm, a guy you had to acquire in a trade by trading one of your “surplus” of pitchers, arguably traded too good of a surplus? Now, I do want to play devil’s advocate by saying the Marlins have a top five farm system with a lot of great pitching prospects (Meyer, Sanchez, Cabrera off top of my head) but some of our better pitching prospects are more injury prone I feel like. Maybe it’s the way pitchers are being used today compared to past in terms of how they bend their arm, velocity, etc. Regardless, I forget who here said it, but he said this off-season could be the proverbial “last straw” with even the most loyal fans. While I’m not necessarily convinced of that and while it could be argued many fans jumped ship way long before this, I do believe it is fair for some Marlins fans to have concern about the team in the short and long term. Low key we still don’t know how much TV deal was? Was it less than 80 million which Jeter could have gotten through Samson at the time of sale, but didn’t sign that TV Deal because he wanted to negotiate a “higher one”? Forgive me I’m going off a little on a tangent, but respectfully, I just want the best for the Marlins in the SHORT and LONG term, not just the next game, you know? I’m sure I’m not the only fan who feels some concern regarding these points. 

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

This fucking sucks. So he may not be available til 2023 at the EARLIEST?! Jeter, or whoever the fuck has the most say on all transactions, needs to be smart this off-season/trade deadline by either resigning Marte at fair value, trading him for fair value, and also listening for offers on Aguilar as well. We need to keep stacking prospects, especially hitter prospects. I’m not convinced worth a damn about some of our hitters in the MILB. You’re telling me after 3+ years of the rebuild, your best prospect position player wise is Jazz Chisholm, a guy you had to acquire in a trade by trading one of your “surplus” of pitchers, arguably traded too good of a surplus? Now, I do want to play devil’s advocate by saying the Marlins have a top five farm system with a lot of great pitching prospects (Meyer, Sanchez, Cabrera off top of my head) but some of our better pitching prospects are more injury prone I feel like. Maybe it’s the way pitchers are being used today compared to past in terms of how they bend their arm, velocity, etc. Regardless, I forget who here said it, but he said this off-season could be the proverbial “last straw” with even the most loyal fans. While I’m not necessarily convinced of that and while it could be argued many fans jumped ship way long before this, I do believe it is fair for some Marlins fans to have concern about the team in the short and long term. Low key we still don’t know how much TV deal was? Was it less than 80 million which Jeter could have gotten through Samson at the time of sale, but didn’t sign that TV Deal because he wanted to negotiate a “higher one”? Forgive me I’m going off a little on a tangent, but respectfully, I just want the best for the Marlins in the SHORT and LONG term, not just the next game, you know? I’m sure I’m not the only fan who feels some concern regarding these points. 

I think several of us have said things along those lines.....at least I know I have.

Not that I'd completely renounce my being a fan of the team, but it'd just be hard to continue caring beyond catching a few games here and there instead of following daily if they don't show us that they care/want to push forward.

The excuses are gone now - no more covid, no more Chen money, new TV deal, new naming rights deal....no more excuses.

Edited by rmc523

31 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I think several of us have said things along those lines.....at least I know I have.

Not that I'd completely renounce my being a fan of the team, but it'd just be hard to continue caring beyond catching a few games here and there instead of following daily if they don't show us that they care/want to push forward.

The excuses are gone now - no more covid, no more Chen money, new TV deal, new naming rights deal....no more excuses.

I think that’s a completely fair viewpoint, considering it’s year 4 of the rebuild. I would NEVER root for another team unless Marlins hypothetically relocate, which probably won’t happen in my dad’s or my lifetime, at least til the lease expires in 2045 lmao. Jeter can’t continue to hide behind the previous regime and I think most Marlins fans now realize that. And for the love of god, WHERE IS BRUCIE? 😂