6. Ramirez, LF

7. Lewis Brinson, CF

8. Alfaro, C

9. Robert Dugger, SP

Isan Diaz and Lewis Brinson called up;

Cesar Puello and Neil Walker to the IL

Ryne Stanek recalled; Kyle Keller optioned

Robert Dugger the 26th man for the doubleheader

I am excited to see Isan and hope that Sweet Lew can get back on track. However, I am a bit worried about Dugger. Through AA he has shown good command and pitchability, but it has been a complete train wreck in AAA. He has given up 5+ runs in 5 of the last 6 games and 6+ in 4 of those. I think that with the right coaching and enough experience, he can be as good as Gallen (as a mid to bottom rotation pitcher that I still think Gallen profiles as). But he clearly needs more time and is not doing too well.

Ultimately, I think that he gets the start this afternoon regardless of how well he does. Hector Noesi will take his place in the rotation after this. The only reason that they don't just use Noesi in the game is so that they can hold off on sending someone down until Wednesday or later.

33 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

I am excited to see Isan and hope that Sweet Lew can get back on track. However, I am a bit worried about Dugger. Through AA he has shown good command and pitchability, but it has been a complete train wreck in AAA. He has given up 5+ runs in 5 of the last 6 games and 6+ in 4 of those. I think that with the right coaching and enough experience, he can be as good as Gallen (as a mid to bottom rotation pitcher that I still think Gallen profiles as). But he clearly needs more time and is not doing too well.

Ultimately, I think that he gets the start this afternoon regardless of how well he does. Hector Noesi will take his place in the rotation after this. The only reason that they don't just use Noesi in the game is so that they can hold off on sending someone down until Wednesday or later.

That has already been confirmed as Noesi is already in New York and will assume the No 5 spot in the rotation

Just now, DTrain said:

How do you make the 1st out at 3B in that spot? 

*And I don’t care if he was safe on replay