Sign in to follow this  
MrAndMrsFish

Marlins Roster Moves

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Your opinion is completely valid, however, and if the team has five solid to great starters, then there's zero need for an Opener. You're not wrong in your statements. The Opener is used for teams that don't have those solid to great starters and need to get creative. In the Rays case, it has thus far ended up leading to a lot of wins. In the A's case, it ended their playoff run immediately last year.

I like the idea of the Opener (in fact I once had a team in MLB the Show that had a pitching staff of 100% [decent to great] bullpen arms and that team was stupidly good even on a high difficulty level), but I get it's not for everyone. However, it allows pitchers to go max effort for a longer stint, where-as a starter looking to go eight innings will have to hold back on some pitches to conserve some strength, which doesn't work for everyone. Someone like Verlander has it down to a science, simply because even at 80% effort, all of his stuff is better than most other pitchers. Then he ramps it up when need-be.

Is what it is. 😄

I get it.  It makes sense for some teams.  However, all sports are copycat leagues and I fear this will become a trend where only the Verlander's of the league are the exception.  I just hope the fish don't try any shortcuts and fully develop all of the young talented arms we have in the system right now.  We shall see. 

I would prefer we do whatever is best in order to win more games. 

It’s very rare to develop 5 good starting pitchers.

1 hour ago, Erick said:

I would prefer we do whatever is best in order to win more games. 

It’s very rare to develop 5 good starting pitchers.

Really we only need three for the playoffs.

"When something like this happens, you have to be positive and keep your head up. That’s the way I’m going to look at it," Rojas said. "I’m going to try to keep my teammates happy and keep everybody together while I’m trying to get back on the field. Hopefully, it’s sooner than later.”

It's the type of player you would like to have in your team, honestly I would be very surprised if we didn't retain him for the next season. 

9 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

"When something like this happens, you have to be positive and keep your head up. That’s the way I’m going to look at it," Rojas said. "I’m going to try to keep my teammates happy and keep everybody together while I’m trying to get back on the field. Hopefully, it’s sooner than later.”

It's the type of player you would like to have in your team, honestly I would be very surprised if we didn't retain him for the next season. 

Rojas is still in his arbitration years so he's still under club control for next season. Since he wasn't traded this year he most likely will be back in 2020. He still has a role here and at least is productive. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MrAndMrsFish said:

SS Deven Marrero has been called up to replace Miguel Rojas (IL stint)

another almost sure out added to the ML roster.  We are regressing, although it means little other than the watch-ability of the team.