Acuna Jr is a cry baby

Guest Laurie

Guest Laurie

Braves manager has managed to spoil what appeared to be a promising major leaguer. But by giving into his whining about getting hit by a pitch is now created a spoiled brat prima donna who is probably poisoning the dugout. Try not crowding the plate if you don’t want to get hit!

• SonOfJack changed the title to Acuna Jr is a cry baby

He needs to get over it.  I get being upset at an Urena pitch that comes near your head.  But thinking every single pitch that hits you after that is some intentional thing is ridiculous and needs to be addressed by his coaches.

MLB is only encouraging it by pushing out notifications "watch Acuna tempers flare after HBP" because it gets clicks.

They're in the same division and play each other what 20 times a season?  Obviously he could get hit more by us vs other teams.  Freeman has been hit 71 times in his career.  I'm sure over 7 of those are from the Marlins (I can't find team sortable HBP).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

He needs to get over it.  I get being upset at an Urena pitch that comes near your head.  But thinking every single pitch that hits you after that is some intentional thing is ridiculous and needs to be addressed by his coaches.

MLB is only encouraging it by pushing out notifications "watch Acuna tempers flare after HBP" because it gets clicks.

They're in the same division and play each other what 20 times a season?  Obviously he could get hit more by us vs other teams.  Freeman has been hit 71 times in his career.  I'm sure over 7 of those are from the Marlins (I can't find team sortable HBP).

He has been hit by the Marlins, Phillies, and Nationals 9 times. No team has hit him more. Mets have only hit Freeman 3 times.

Edited by FishFan95

I read the other day that the Red Sox have hit him a lot more "often" based on the relatively low number of games vs him. How come he doesn't create a show against them?

Edit: As of last Friday the Marlins had hit Acuna 4 times in 236 plate appearances, Red Sox hit him 3 times in just 59 plate appearances... how is this not a thing? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I read the other day that the Red Sox have hit him a lot more "often" based on the relatively low number of games vs him. How come he doesn't create a show against them?

Cause you can attack the marlins, but not the Red Sox. They’re too much of a cornerstone franchise for the baseball media to make a villain out of. The other factor is the original instigator was Ureña and let’s face it, super unlikable dude lol. I honestly have zero memory of him ever smiling.

Edited by marlinsmaniac

1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Cause you can attack the marlins, but not the Red Sox. They’re too much of a cornerstone franchise for the baseball media to make a villain out of. The other factor is the original instigator was Ureña and let’s face it, super unlivable dude lol. I honestly have zero memory of him ever smiling.

I know, I'm with you, I'm just saying that Red Sox number is what people should point to to shut him up. 

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

I know, I'm with you, I'm just saying that Red Sox number is what people should point to to shut him up. 

Yup I agree, I just think they don’t want to shut him up really. For whatever reason, he’s become a darling of the MLB 🤷🏻‍♂️