2021 HR Derby

Admin

Could have been one of the best derbies from a TV standpoint if they followed the ball better. Too many homers missed because they just stuck with one camera view. Almost like they panicked in the production truck and decided not changing / doing anything was the better choice until they got it figured out.

Story hit one 518, didn't even know until the round was done.

On 7/13/2021 at 8:04 AM, Michael said:

Could have been one of the best derbies from a TV standpoint if they followed the ball better. Too many homers missed because they just stuck with one camera view. Almost like they panicked in the production truck and decided not changing / doing anything was the better choice until they got it figured out.

Story hit one 518, didn't even know until the round was done.

I watched Mancini in round 1, and that was it.  Cameras were a mess - it was giving me motion sickness, and never really showing anything that mattered.

6 hours ago, cyoung said:

I watched Mancini in round 1, and that was it.  Cameras were a mess - it was giving me motion sickness, and never really showing anything that mattered.

I'd say this was the first time with this derby format that they've had actual trouble keeping up with the baseballs.

Perhaps they need to go back to the old format. Don't put a strict time limit on it, just 10 outs. Maybe DO have a timer between pitches so we aren't waiting a ridiculously long time but long enough to allow the batter to crush one, we get to admire their handiwork, get the distance, and then go from there.

Get rid of the head to head format until the finals.

Keep the "if you hit a ball X feet you get a bonus" idea. Like hit five balls over 460 feet, you get an extra out. Five over 475, two extra outs. Five over 500, you just win right there (no not really).

Sucks that the cameras gave you motion sickness but I can totally see how. Just shoddy work.

• Like 1