2021 Trade Deadline Thread

34 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Well why is it weird to want him? Making unrealistic trade offers would be weird, but you don't think he'd be a good addition to the organization?

Not really no… 

then Giants could have always moved Posey to 1b if they Truly believed in Bart..or at the least had Bart up playing behind Posey and learning from one of the best.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

I have gone ahead and censored all your filthy language. Whatever is still regular size in the quote is acceptable here but please watch your words. This is a family blog, sir.

A FAMILY BLOG!

Fuck you

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mk613 said:

Not really no… 

then Giants could have always moved Posey to 1b if they Truly believed in Bart..or at the least had Bart up playing behind Posey and learning from one of the best.

I agree with you, I think their prospect capital is better spent elsewhere.

Granted, if it only took a Cody Poteet/Zach Thompson/Monte Harrison type player to make it happen (which I don’t Believe is anywhere close to what they want) I would be ok with acquiring him.

Edited by marlinsmaniac
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mk613 said:

Not really no… 

Because Bart has little time in the upper minors?

bart was basically rushed last year with no time in the upper minors. 

this year he should be exactly where he is developmentally.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Well why is it weird to want him? Making unrealistic trade offers would be weird, but you don't think he'd be a good addition to the organization?

Because we already have Jorge Alfaro.

• Confused 1

Just now, SonOfJack said:

I know the organization is full of catching talent close to the bigs, but I'm pretty surprised by the dislike of Bart in here from some.

I wouldn’t say I have a “dislike” for acquiring him, he’s just still a wild card in my eyes. I want to see them go after guys that can really produce right out of the gate

6 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I believe this team thinking it's a good addition to the organization when they acquire Alfaro, so what's the difference between Bart and Alfaro ?

Edited by taiwanmarlin

On 7/16/2021 at 7:26 PM, FishFry said:

• Package deals only, quality over quantity.  That means some of our prospects as well  

• Top ready to play prospects/players only.

• Three way trade partners if you don’t like the main suitors.  Better chance to get a player who is major league ready.

• No more fringy batting prospects.  They need to be consistent all around the board.  The farm is already heaped with average and busters. 

• Don’t trade just to trade.  Teams will catch on and we will lose strength in negotiations. 

I’m 100% sure Ng is going to mess this up.  I’ll admit it if I’m wrong.

truth, after seeing the results of her "new bullpen" I expect the worst

On 7/16/2021 at 7:26 PM, FishFry said:

• Package deals only, quality over quantity.  That means some of our prospects as well  

• Top ready to play prospects/players only.

• Three way trade partners if you don’t like the main suitors.  Better chance to get a player who is major league ready.

• No more fringy batting prospects.  They need to be consistent all around the board.  The farm is already heaped with average and busters. 

• Don’t trade just to trade.  Teams will catch on and we will lose strength in negotiations. 

I’m 100% sure Ng is going to mess this up.  I’ll admit it if I’m wrong.

38 minutes ago, Fotog said:

I can’t blame her too much honestly, she improved the bullpen a lot from 2020. Bass has always been pretty decent according to his peripherals, but for whatever reason, he’s been ass this season. Though Yimi was one they should have traded while his value was high. His history obviously foreshadowed this huge regression. But other than that the overall stats for the arms haven’t been terrible, it’s just been a mix of giving up the one run at the worst possible time in games tied 1–1 in the 8th, and Don mismanaging them really. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I can’t blame her too much honestly, she improved the bullpen a lot from 2020. Bass has always been pretty decent according to his peripherals, but for whatever reason, he’s been ass this season. Though Yimi was one they should have traded while his value was high. His history obviously foreshadowed this huge regression. But other than that the overall stats for the arms haven’t been terrible, it’s just been a mix of giving up the one run at the worst possible time in games tied 1–1 in the 8th, and Don mismanaging them really. 

As much as I hate this there's a slight degree of truth if you don't watch the team. An outsider looking at the stats alone would probably say, hmm not too bad, but man any people that have actually watched the games. Phew. Very underwhelming this year and a huge part of it is HOW the pen was constructed which is tons of pitch to contact guys with few high K dudes that are able to consistently strike dudes out and shut down the inning when our starter left a couple on in the 7th or whatever. So yeah, there are some decent arms in there it's just they're all the SAME arm basically. I remember seeing a picture of the Rays and how they built their bp and it superimposed all their pitchers release points and they were all widely varying to keep the other team off balance. 

I don't blame Ng so much for building this team because going into Opening Day everyone thought this team was good enough to be more competitive than they've been and a lot of things point to bad luck and them being better than they've shown. And any GM can have a bad offseason. 

I blame Ng more for not doing more when it was clear the roster wasn't working the way it should.

Making a mistake is one thing, not trying to fix the mistake is a bigger issue here. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, hovertical said:

As much as I hate this there's a slight degree of truth if you don't watch the team. An outsider looking at the stats alone would probably say, hmm not too bad, but man any people that have actually watched the games. Phew. Very underwhelming this year and a huge part of it is HOW the pen was constructed which is tons of pitch to contact guys with few high K dudes that are able to consistently strike dudes out and shut down the inning when our starter left a couple on in the 7th or whatever. So yeah, there are some decent arms in there it's just they're all the SAME arm basically. I remember seeing a picture of the Rays and how they built their bp and it superimposed all their pitchers release points and they were all widely varying to keep the other team off balance. 

You know what, you’re right, they made an effort to acquire “strike throwers” so the fact that it hasn’t worked is their fault to some degree. Floro, Bass, and Curtiss are basically the same dude out of the pen lol. 

As for Tampa, those guys are my organizational crush lol They should be nicknamed “nature”, cause they “find a way” to win...yup that’s a Jurassic Park reference 

3 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

You know what, you’re right, they made an effort to acquire “strike throwers” so the fact that it hasn’t worked is their fault to some degree. Floro, Bass, and Curtiss are basically the same dude out of the pen lol. 

As for Tampa, those guys are my organizational crush lol They should be nicknamed “nature”, cause they “find a way” to win...yup that’s a Jurassic Park reference 

Part of the problem is that Don Mattingly thinks that Curtiss sucks so he’s been used as a low leverage reliever all year when he’s actually thrown the ball well. 

20 minutes ago, Erick said:

Part of the problem is that Don Mattingly thinks that Curtiss sucks so he’s been used as a low leverage reliever all year when he’s actually thrown the ball well. 

Yeah he manages the bullpen like it’s still 1999. Everyone has their inning, lefty-lefty matchups, and the closer is the closer even though he can’t close 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.