2021 Trade Deadline Thread

7 hours ago, Entendu said:

I haven't been keeping track of the minors very closely these last two years... But don't we have a decent amount of CF prospects? Why wouldn't we trade away from our alleged, supposed, probably not real, pitching surplus to acquire something we don't have, like a catcher?

To answer your first question, no. We don’t really have that many CF prospects. Decent amount of interesting corner OF prospects; Jesus Sanchez, Bleday, Conine, Burdick, etc., but no true CF guy on the way. 

Burdick has been playing some CF, but he’s not exactly tearing up AA and shouldn’t be counted on next year. Neither should Monte, Connor Scott, VV Mesa, etc. 

CF is just as much of a need as C, if not more given the expectations of the position 

16 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

To answer your first question, no. We don’t really have that many CF prospects. Decent amount of interesting corner OF prospects; Jesus Sanchez, Bleday, Conine, Burdick, etc., but no true CF guy on the way. 

Burdick has been playing some CF, but he’s not exactly tearing up AA and shouldn’t be counted on next year. Neither should Monte, Connor Scott, VV Mesa, etc. 

CF is just as much of a need as C, if not more given the expectations of the position 

Frustrating that we've amassed so many OF prospects and we still have a hole in CF...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

How long are they thinking Mack will take since he was a college prospect? 

JT was drafted as a shortstop and then converted to catcher and he was great, yet the catchers they’ve drafted (not named Charles Johnson) have all sucked. I think we’re better off converting Khalil to Catcher and Mack to a closer in accordance with the marlins C.O.L.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Erick said:

“We all” is a lot of people.

Fair to say we thought he was an upgrade from Alfaro though. Then Sandy came in and got off to a semi-hot start....and now....it's a black hole regardless of who is catching.

3 hours ago, pollythewog said:

I’d fill CF on off season with FA deal and trade for C

Here’s a list of FA CF for this offseason 

- Marte 

- JBJ

- Kevin Pillar 

Thats about it. Which is why Marte should have value even as a rental, and why Miami is exploring trading for a controllable CF’er. 

To compare, here’s a list of FA C 

- Tucker Barnhart 

- Yadi 

- Christian Vazquez 

- d’Arnaud 

Still not great, but there’s 3/4 starter level players there. 

24 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

Here’s a list of FA CF for this offseason 

- Marte 

- JBJ

- Kevin Pillar 

Thats about it. Which is why Marte should have value even as a rental, and why Miami is exploring trading for a controllable CF’er. 

To compare, here’s a list of FA C 

- Tucker Barnhart 

- Yadi 

- Christian Vazquez 

- d’Arnaud 

Still not great, but there’s 3/4 starter level players there. 

Get Vazquez AND d'Arnaud.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Michael said:

Get Vazquez AND d'Arnaud.

I actually think Tuck would be a really nice addition if we aren’t able to make a move for Bart, etc. Veteran who plays great defense and calls a great game. Would really help the young staff, and contribute more offensively than Leon. Could be Cervelli-esque

On 7/25/2021 at 10:30 AM, marlinsmaniac said:

I can’t blame her too much honestly, she improved the bullpen a lot from 2020. Bass has always been pretty decent according to his peripherals, but for whatever reason, he’s been ass this season. Though Yimi was one they should have traded while his value was high. His history obviously foreshadowed this huge regression. But other than that the overall stats for the arms haven’t been terrible, it’s just been a mix of giving up the one run at the worst possible time in games tied 1–1 in the 8th, and Don mismanaging them really. 

yeah, I guess you're right, but here we are once again, always the seller & almost never the buyer. It's just frustrating

1 minute ago, Fotog said:

yeah, I guess you're right, but here we are once again, always the seller & almost never the buyer. It's just frustrating

Yeah dude, totally over it. Feels like this team is cursed sometimes and I don’t even believe in that kind of shit lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FishFan95 said:

Bart is an obvious target for the Marlins, but if the Cubs get him, maybe Contreras becomes available? Very fluid situation.

After this interest in him last off-season I wouldn’t doubt that Contreras is someone they’re in talks about.