Pablo to IL, Curtiss recalled

Admin

59 minutes ago, Michael said:

Should have traded him when I mentioned it yesterday. 😞

But in all seriousness hopefully a quick recovery.

You and me both thought the same, dude. Won't be traded now. There goes that pipe dream. Marte, Duvall, and Jesus will be moved though. Just watch, Marte will go to the Yankees too lol

6 minutes ago, hovertical said:

You and me both thought the same, dude. Won't be traded now. There goes that pipe dream. Marte, Duvall, and Jesus will be moved though. Just watch, Marte will go to the Yankees too lol

I don't understand why it's a pipe dream to trade Pablo.  I guess it depends on what you're smoking in the pipe.  LOL  Pablo is the kind of young player that we are trying to build our core around.  If we can't extend, and build around our young home grown talent, then we might as well give up all hope right now. 

Trading away vetrans like Marte, Aguilar, Duvall and Cooper makes sense because we have possible replacements that are younger, cheaper and have higher ceilings.  Trading away a building block for more unproven prospects is ludicrous.  And please don't tell me that we have better pitchers in the minors so he's expendable.  Until those pitchers prove themselves in the big leagues, there's no reason to move anyone.  Just my cents. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

I don't understand why it's a pipe dream to trade Pablo.  I guess it depends on what you're smoking in the pipe.  LOL  Pablo is the kind of young player that we are trying to build our core around.  If we can't extend, and build around our young home grown talent, then we might as well give up all hope right now. 

Trading away vetrans like Marte, Aguilar, Duvall and Cooper makes sense because we have possible replacements that are younger, cheaper and have higher ceilings.  Trading away a building block for more unproven prospects is ludicrous.  And please don't tell me that we have better pitchers in the minors so he's expendable.  Until those pitchers prove themselves in the big leagues, there's no reason to move anyone.  Just my cents. 

None of the Marlins bats coming up that are younger and cheaper feel like they're going to be better than the current group out there now. The offense next year will be shittier than this season once they move on from Marte, Aguilar and Cooper. I don't think even think Aguilar and Cooper are great bats tbh although for this offense that's the best it gets. They're "Marlin great". I have absolutely zero confidence that the front office will sign a big FA so you kinda need to trade someone like Pablo to get that big bat otherwise you'll be sitting around three years from now waiting on the guys drafted this year or for 27yr Griffin Conine to get a shot and by then they won't be able to afford Sandy and Pablo anyway and off they'll go.  If this team was one or even two bats away from contending I'd say keep Pablo but they're so much further away and have very little help in the minors.

I feel like no matter what we do we are fucked because very few of the players we gutted our team for have panned out. So we are basically advocating going back to square one. Trade your known solid pitching for the prospect of a good bat and hope your up and comers are good. I thought Gleason was crazy for thinking we are still three years away but honestly that’s looking more likely.

Not one prospect from the Yelich trade looks like they are going to ha e any value. Stanton was more a salery dump but Jose Devers is still far away and I barely know who Jorge Guzman is.

Realmuto trade is iffy. We are already wanting a new catcher and I don’t have much faith that Sixto will amount to anything.

The Ozuna trade is probably the best because Sandy and what we got for Gallen.

• Like 1