Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Marlins to host Mets in Puerto Rico in 2020

Sometime this summer some pieces from the lease were posted here.  The language had something about the obligation to play games in Miami.  I could be remembering wrong but I thought it said they had to play all 81 games.  If that is the case there can be other sections that permit special events like the game played at the army base, this series in PR, and any other international promotional series.  I’m curious to know how the language works in the lease to protect the county and city and still allow for the marlins to take part in events like this one in Puerto Rico 

Just now, THRILLHO said:

I’m curious to know how the language works in the lease to protect the county and city and still allow for the marlins to take part in events like this one in Puerto Rico 

Maybe the team or league is responsible for the county/city getting its standard cut for a home series, even though the games aren't played there. Like it is treated as a Marlin home game so the standard parking fee has to go to the county/city even though nobody is parking at Marlins Park. Just a guess though.

I guess attendance at those games will count as our home attendance, right?

#CheapJeter trying to pad attendance numbers by playing in another territory!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Marlins playing in Puerto Rico always reminds me of the great Edwin Rodriguez.

Ah, I miss Edwin. What's he doing these days?

Just now, Michael said:

Wow, I didn't know the Padres players had such bad vehicles that they needed a towing manager.

This is the worst one of the day, congrats.