Jose Salas Raking

1 hour ago, Rydawg said:

I'm really excited to follow Salas and Cappe's development.  With Watson in the fold now (hopefully), the future is bright at SS for the fish.

If Jazz goes to CF as some have posted... Then at some point in the future it's (hopefully) LF J. Sanchez CF Jazz RF Bleday.... 3B Salas SS Watson 2B Cappe 1B L. Diaz.... C Mack  and you have Burdick to also work in

15 hours ago, CyggyMarlin said:

If Jazz goes to CF as some have posted... Then at some point in the future it's (hopefully) LF J. Sanchez CF Jazz RF Bleday.... 3B Salas SS Watson 2B Cappe 1B L. Diaz.... C Mack  and you have Burdick to also work in

From everything that I've read on Jazz, he'll be staying in the infield.  He's made some easy errors but he has great range and he's been considered a plus defender in the minors. Rookies make errors.  That's why they're rookies.  Tatis Jr. has 19 errors already.  I don't hear anyone trying to move him to the outfield.  Just have to give Jazz time to go through growing pains.

As far as Cappe and Salas, they might be capable of playing SS long term, but they might both out grow the position.   I've read where Cappe is projected at 3rd base long term and Salas at 2nd or CF.  Watson seems like a lock to stick at SS.  They're also between 17 and 18 years old and 3 to 4 years away. 

Either way, one of them or Jazz will be our long term answer at SS.  They're all terrific athletes and project to have good hit tools. The future is bright with those kids.