Marte traded to Athletics for Jesus Luzardo

SonOfJack

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

We have the pitching depth to maybe make it happen.

But we do need to guarantee an extension. 

Buxton gives us our first premium player since Stanton and probably most exciting since Miggy. Call Brinks to get the truck warm and a bubble wrap company to keep him healthy.

Edited by ZfromCIS
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

If they want a fill in CF then why don’t they give Ender Inciarte a shot. He was just DFA’d.

I think they want someone more longterm.

7 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Dude I really hope not lol unless I’m mistaken, he’s a free agent after the year. For that we’d have kept Marte 

Buxton is a free agent after 2022, still too soon for my tastes.

• Like 1

On a serious note, who could they grab at CF? I know Ketel Marte put time there. Mullins just because the O’s are terrible but that’ll be a hefty price tag for a guy with one year production. I don’t see the Pirates moving Bryan Reynolds…am I missing an obvious one?

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

It's because he's never pitched a game ever but it's still 0.00, can't ask for any better than that.

Yeah, but he probably has a K rate of 0%. That may work in the low minors, but it's not gonna fly at the big league level.

• Like 1

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Still more coming hopefully but this front office really does the trade deadline well. And I'm surprised there isn't more shock about the Marlins covering the entirety of Marte's contract. That's a big deal.

Plenty of shock from me on that one!

Good lord the pitching depth ridiculous.  He's struggled this season in majors and even AAA but cost-controlled starting pitcher with huge ceiling, wow.  Hate losing Marte but seems pretty good here.  Let's see what else develops.

• Like 2

For years when Brad Pitt said "There are rich teams, there are poor teams, and then there's 50 feet of crap. And then there's us." I always knew that the Marlins were under that even. Now that the Marlins are paying Marte's salary to get a better deal, I know that we have upgraded above the 50 feet of crap to just be a normal poor team. This is cause to celebrate!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.