Marte traded to Athletics for Jesus Luzardo

SonOfJack

ok these are some of our Pitchers on our top 30 list, I deliberately left Sixto,Cabrera,Meyer and Eder off as they are pieces I hope to keep. Any who among the list of the remainder of our pitchers do any of you see these guys being able to bring back a good young CF.

Braxton Garrett

Dax Fulton

Nick Neidert

Kyle Nicolas

Zach McCambley

Eury Perez

Evan Fitterer

Jorge Guzman

Also possible trade one of these rotation pieces..

Sandy Alcantara

Pablo Lopez 

Elieser Hernández 

Edited by mk613

Just now, mk613 said:

Loria would have been fine with a bag of peanuts from the yankees

To be fair, ballpark peanuts are great

I tried to throw the shells on the floor like I do at my seat in the ballpark and my wife was not happy.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

To be fair, ballpark peanuts are great

I tried to throw the shells on the floor like I do at my seat in the ballpark and my wife was not happy.

You throw? I jus spit em out like the sunflower seeds.. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/starling-marte-trade-athletics-acquire-outfielder-from-marlins-for-jesus-luzardo-per-report/amp/

This is really informative. The fantasy video is worth listening.  

With that information, Im a bit surprised we would take any risks for a player like Marte.  I understand the risk and reward with controlling benefits but in this stage of the game, I thought a bat (CF or C) would be the complete focus for Marte.  

Not trying to be negative, but it’s seems like a risky play intself without addressing the need directly for Marte.  

Isnt everyone tired of players who are still unproven?

20 minutes ago, FishFry said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/starling-marte-trade-athletics-acquire-outfielder-from-marlins-for-jesus-luzardo-per-report/amp/

This is really informative. The fantasy video is worth listening.  

With that information, Im a bit surprised we would take any risks for a player like Marte.  I understand the risk and reward with controlling benefits but in this stage of the game, I thought a bat (CF or C) would be the complete focus for Marte.  

Not trying to be negative, but it’s seems like a risky play intself without addressing the need directly for Marte.  

Isnt everyone tired of players who are still unproven?

What team is going to give up a GOOD controllable center fielder for a good center fielder that will be gone in two months? So trading Marte for a Center Fielder was never an option. if anything, what they asked for is just proof that the  offensive pieces they are looking to acquire will come at the expense of pitching (hence why they needed Luzardo)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

What team is going to give up a GOOD controllable center fielder for a good center fielder that will be gone in two months? So trading Marte for a Center Fielder was never an option. if anything, what they asked for is just proof that the  offensive pieces they are looking to acquire will come at the expense of pitching (hence why they needed Luzardo)

That makes sense and we could always counter trade for another CF like Eric mentioned.   But trading for a pitcher who has mightily struggled after breaking his finger is somewhat alarming for a player of Martes interest.  

I think the article and fantsy video does a good job at the pros and cons for each side because let’s face it, there are some major risks here based on that article that I wouldn’t have expected us to take for Marte.

9 minutes ago, FishFry said:

That makes sense and we could always counter trade for another CF like Eric mentioned.   But trading for a pitcher who has mightily struggled after breaking his finger is somewhat alarming for a player of Martes interest.  

I think the article and fantsy video does a good job at the pros and cons for each side because let’s face it, there are some major risks here based on that article that I wouldn’t have expected us to take for Marte.

He's thrown all of 109 innings on the big-league level and has only thrown 38 this season. He also showed some promise in 2020. It's not like he has "mightily struggled" over the course of three full seasons, so we should probably relax with that.

As for Marte? He is nothing more than a solid player who is set to be free agent and turns 33 in October. He isn't Miguel Cabrera. He isn't Giancarlo Stanton. He isn't even Marcell Ozuna (well, prior to Ozuna's disastrous 2021, anyway). He is replaceable.

We didn't trade off a superstar here. We traded a solid player who we weren't going to re-sign for a young pitcher with some serious upside. If you're going to take a risk, that's where you take it. I'm actually shocked we were even able to get Luzardo for Marte.

Edited by Valid
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

On one hand I know it’s Jesus fricking Luzardo but On the other, I know this is completely irrational and we have the pitching depth to trade for it but my first though was “another pitcher.”

Which is why we need to use the pitching to get a bat next.

• Like 1