Marte traded to Athletics for Jesus Luzardo

Admin

2 minutes ago, Valid said:

He's thrown all of 109 innings on the big-league level and has only thrown 38 this season. It's not like he has "mightily struggled" over the course of three full seasons, so we should probably relax with that.

You forgot to mention this: “Triple-A level in 2021, where he's sporting a 6.52 ERA and a bloated walk rate (more than one every other inning) after eight outings”

It’s still a viable risk based on injury and yes, he has mighty struggled or the A’s wouldn’t have traded him.   

Again I’m not saying the trade is good or bad but rather it’s a bit of a risk more than I’d be ok with IMO.  I already know all the Marte details at this point. 

6 minutes ago, FishFry said:

That makes sense and we could always counter trade for another CF like Eric mentioned.   But trading for a pitcher who has mightily struggled after breaking his finger is somewhat alarming for a player of Martes interest.  

I think the article and fantsy video does a good job at the pros and cons for each side because let’s face it, there are some major risks here based on that article that I wouldn’t have expected us to take for Marte.

You’ll see man. By next season, they’re going to eliminate his sinker and or teach him a cutter along with further developing his changeup and get him on track. His sinker and changeup are both pitches that have arm side run, so as long as the hitter can eliminate the curve out of his hand, they can pretty much keep their hands inside the ball and guess right for the most part.

Plus the A’s mismanaged him terribly. They rushed him and then threw him back and forth between the bullpen and rotation. Those who have played know that 90% of the game is played between the ears and that kind of shit fucks with your head. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

"The 23-year-old was expected to be a key part of Oakland’s rotation this year but struggled mightily, pitching to a 6.87 ERA in 13 appearances, and missed time after breaking the pinkie on his pitching hand while playing video games in early May."

love him already

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hotcorner said:

"The 23-year-old was expected to be a key part of Oakland’s rotation this year but struggled mightily, pitching to a 6.87 ERA in 13 appearances, and missed time after breaking the pinkie on his pitching hand while playing video games in early May."

love him already

All I hear is a buy low opportunity lol If he had seen immediate success he would have cost us a fortune.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, FishFry said:

You forgot to mention this: “Triple-A level in 2021, where he's sporting a 6.52 ERA and a bloated walk rate (more than one every other inning) after eight outings”

It’s still a viable risk based on injury and yes, he has mighty struggled or the A’s wouldn’t have traded him.   

Again I’m not saying the trade is good or bad but rather it’s a bit of a risk more than I’d be ok with IMO.  I already know all the Marte details at this point. 

These are the types of trades we need (have) to make tho.. if it works out, Ng is gonna look great

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Iowa said:

These are the types of trades we need (have) to make tho.. if it works out, Ng is gonna look great

Im the biggest supporter of building around pitching first so in no way am I complaining about the trade.  

It’s just message board talk for me based on the pros and cons nothing more.  

1 hour ago, Hotcorner said:

love him already

How the hell do your break your pinkie playing video games?

5 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I don’t play a single game other than a crossword puzzle app I have and even I know there are PC games that don’t require a controller 😂

Controller, mouse,keyboard,touch screen in all of those  ways to play games I can’t envision how someone can break their pinkie finger 🤣

Edited by mk613
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FishFry said:

Was pitching in Las Vegas too which is ultra hitter friendly. The walks are a concern, but the ERA gets inflated a ton there.

• Like 1

Real good get for the Marlins.

Told you Marte wasn't netting you a Joey Bart!  🤣

That said, real good get, significant risk and you really cant simply white wash what Luzardo has done this year as no big fucking deal.  The one concern is the similar one to a Brinson.  Why is he now in his third organization? 

But this is the kind of risk for a player you take with a rental.

Really cant say anything bad about this return at all!

• Like 2