Yimi traded to Astros for Bryan De La Cruz & Austin Pruitt

Michael

Guys we might be overthinking this one. The Astros need relievers and Yimi needed to go before we lost the chance to not get anything for him. This one might just be a "regular" trade and not necessary part of the restocking for 2022. 

• Like 7

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Guys we might be overthinking this one. The Astros need relievers and Yimi needed to go before we lost the chance to not get anything for him. This one might just be a "regular" trade and not necessary part of the restocking for 2022. 

Correct

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Turns 25 later this year. Kinda wishing they had just rolled the dice a little more and gone with someone younger if possible. This just felt like kinda eh, at least we got something. Either way, not upset or pleased with this deal. His age means he needs to be brought up soon though to get a shot no point in wasting his or our time in the minors much longer.

You're right, but in fairness, this was probably the most we could ask in exchange for a mediocre 31-year-old rental reliever.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Exactly 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

He's intriguing, but not necessarily a game changer. Still the 3rd biggest news coming from the Marlins today after Lazardo and the Watson (potential but imminent) signing news.

Per Fangraphs:

"De La Cruz is in that tough spot between the Guillermo Heredia bench outfield types (who can play center) and the Adam Duvall types (who have actual power)."

Note that this was before the season where he is putting up great numbers. Perhaps his stock has risen, but still not a bad add for 2 months of a reliever who has been shaky at times.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

Per Fangraphs:

"De La Cruz is in that tough spot between the Guillermo Heredia bench outfield types (who can play center) and the Adam Duvall types (who have actual power)."

Note that this was before the season where he is putting up great numbers. Perhaps his stock has risen, but still not a bad add for 2 months of a reliever who has been shaky at times.

Ok I'll take that for Yimi but I don't wanna hear Ng or Jeter tell me later today that we have our CF of the future with this guy. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Ok I'll take that for Yimi but I don't wanna hear Ng or Jeter tell me later today that we have our CF of the future with this guy. 

Craig Mish: So who is the CF’er now?

Jeter: De La Dinger

12 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I can almost guarantee you they aren’t looking at him as the CF of the future lol. We really have to start giving them more credit than this. 

• Like 1

whenever you choose to complain about the return, remember that this was Yimi Garcia that we traded. Dude's going to be a middle reliever in Houston. He's not a good pitcher, and we traded him for a dude who could be a 4th/5th outfielder on a good team. 
This was a good trade, not because De La Cruz is anything special, but because Yimi is even less special. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Iowa said:

Yimi is a dime a dozen. Will take whatever we can get. Hopefully lightning in a bottle!

Say, now that would be a good trade.

And then uncork the bottle the next time we see Acuna.

Edited by hovertical
  • Haha 3

• SonOfJack changed the title to Yimi traded to Astros for Bryan De La Cruz & Austin Pruitt