Duvall traded to Braves for Alex Jackson

I just don’t understand why we’re not adding on top of subtracting. We need a closer and Richard Rodriguez as control and doesn’t have the same value as others. We need a CF and haven’t even heard of something like an Eliesar/Ketel Marte swap or something of that nature.

1 minute ago, ZfromCIS said:

I just don’t understand why we’re not adding on top of subtracting. We need a closer and Richard Rodriguez as control and doesn’t have the same value as others. We need a CF and haven’t even heard of something like an Eliesar/Ketel Marte swap or something of that nature.

They are trading quality for control.

21 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

It should also be noted the one knee style of catching with no men on base especially isnt that wild.

Many catchers are doing it now as it saves the knees generally.  

What is a bit more wild is doing it with men on base.  Need eye balls on that to see how he actually performs.

I've got no issue with the one knee style with no runners on base, but I've never seen as many pass balls & missed blocks as there has been in the past couple of years

Hmm, skeptical about this trade honestly. My assumption would be that Alfaro is getting moved in another trade along with a ML starter for a center fielder. I’m hoping it’s Walsh as previously mentioned, Teoscar Hernandez, or Trent Grisham in that order. If we could be guranteed to receive the production he has this season the. I’d be excited if they went with Mullins but he’s still a wild card at the moment for me.

Edited by marlinsmaniac
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Hmm, skeptical about this trade honestly. My assumption would be that Alfaro is getting moved in another trade along with a ML starter for a center fielder. I’m hoping it’s Walsh as previously mentioned, Teoscar Hernandez, or Trent Grisham in that order. If we could be guranteed to receive the production he has this season the. I’d be excited if they went with Mullins but he’s still a wild card at the moment for me.

Teoscar Hernandez. Yes please. Won't happen though lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Teoscar Hernandez. Yes please. Won't happen though lol.

Unlikely? Yes, but ya never know! Jays are short on pitching big time and the marlins pitchers are the belle of the ball now that Max is gone once Berrios is traded as well. It would take really good pitching that would hurt to lose but our rotation is wasted on a black hole of a lineup. Let’s see! 🤞🏻

edit: Shit I hadn’t seen the Blue Jays got Berrios! Lol that throws a wrench in that whole operation so yeah you’re probably right. No chance.

Edited by marlinsmaniac

27 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

There’s no way they’re gonna keep a 24 y/o guy hitting .340 in AAA that plays a corner when they just traded away a Corner OF. Lewis is going to get his ABs with Coop out. It’s obvious they like De La Cruz being that he was for Yimi and they cleared space for him.

Lewin needs every day AB's.

Aguilar is staying. He might not play absolutely every game, but Aguilar will play at least 5-6 games a week at 1B the rest of the season.

So how is Lewin supposed to get AB's if it's not in the outfield? He's played outfield before in the minors. 

De La Cruz was just a guy we got for YIMI GARCIA. If he turns out to be good, great. But he's not one of our top prospects or anything. Lewin is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Erick said:

De La Cruz was just a guy we got for YIMI GARCIA. If he turns out to be good, great. But he's not one of our top prospects or anything. Lewin is. 

De La Cruz currently sits at #29 on our Top 30... He  will be bumped off once the new draft picks are added

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Pretty sure Jorge Alfaro won't be a part of any significant trade. Maybe Jorge Alfaro for a player to be named later. 

• Like 1

Just now, CyggyMarlin said:

De La Cruz currently sits at #29 on our Top 30... He  will be bumped off once the new draft picks are added

Yes, exactly. 

He's a guy who, hopefully, can be our 4th OF'er one day. Lewin Diaz is a guy who is currently being counted on as part of the future core. He has to play, unless if we're using him in a trade for a CF'er or something. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Erick said:

Pretty sure Jorge Alfaro won't be a part of any significant trade. Maybe Jorge Alfaro for a player to be named later. 

Idk man, he’s an upgrade over some other starters out there so I can envision  a trade where he’s a throw in to make something happen. I’m not saying he’s a significant part of any significant trade but he’s not totally useless. A team with a real coaching staff can turn him into a good catcher. 

42 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Mutual option yeah. One of the sides would have declined, I assume him.

Makes sense though that they checked in with him to see if he was planning on staying and when he said nah dawg...well..may as well get something back I guess.

• Like 1

People, Duvall was not relevant to this team's future. They took a flier on a catcher who can hit. It's not earth-shattering, but it's sensible. Not to mention the freed-up salary, which hopefully they'll use in the offseason (fingers crossed).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mystikol87 said:

People, Duvall was not relevant to this team's future. They took a flier on a catcher who can hit. It's not earth-shattering, but it's sensible. Not to mention the freed-up salary, which hopefully they'll use in the offseason (fingers crossed).

Is anyone actually upset at Duvall being traded? I may have missed it. I keep seeing people make comments like this, but I missed the complaints somehow.

12 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Is anyone actually upset at Duvall being traded? I may have missed it. I keep seeing people make comments like this, but I missed the complaints somehow.

I'm only upset it was Atlanta that got him. My hate runs deep for that team - moreso than any other team in MLB. Don't care that he was traded though.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

That’s not what I said. People are complaining about the trade overall.

D6710C41-CBEA-4098-8E5A-7B32F96131C7.jpeg

1DC4EFD7-F71D-484A-AE04-39B9728FF978.jpeg

C8FFF313-2910-4FAE-82D9-B1C18C0522E9.jpeg

16B08815-8FDE-4884-89A8-426D553D2509.jpeg

D7E9C0A3-59E9-46ED-87E5-5C0CC1A7F32F.png

EC60EE0C-3C56-44C0-9668-4780D7F709D8.jpeg