8/3 vs Mets - 7 PM

SonOfJack

Just now, marlinsmaniac said:

Jackson doesn’t strike me as the kind of dude that would have 70 grade power. He’s kind of on the small side. Just proves some people have those gorilla fast-twitch fibers and some of us don’t lol 

He’s got a thick lower half but he’s got a hole in his swing. He’s got a couple of mechanical flaws.

Just now, marlinsmaniac said:

He does, however, strike me as a guy who will be sent down to AAA within the next few weeks. Other than the homer the at bats have been pretty trashy.

Yea, I’m more interested in seeing Peyton.

1 minute ago, ZfromCIS said:

Yea, I’m more interested in seeing Peyton.

I genuinely don’t believe either will be a step up from Alfaro. He hit pretty damn well his first season with us (by catcher standards) and I do believe eventually he’ll figure the defensive woes out. Just takes some guys longer.

10 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

He does, however, strike me as a guy who will be sent down to AAA within the next few weeks. Other than the homer the at bats have been pretty trashy.

Gotta disagree his ab’s have actually been decent..

• Like 1

Why are the likes of Hess and Pruitt on this team while Guzman and Holloway are in AAA? What's the point? Holloway has earned a spot in our pen, and it's time time to see if Guzman has the goods to stick up at the MLB level.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

1-8 with 4 K’s (50% K rate) and mostly weak grounders? 

He also has a higher minors K rate than Alfaro did. In fact his minors K rate is around where Alfy's big league K rate is.

• Like 1

Just now, FishFan95 said:

If not for the Cardinals and the AL East, the Marlins would be just 2 games out of 1st place right now.

It would be Braves, Mets, Phillies, Marlins, Nationals in the division right now.