Soup or salad

Admin

59 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Which do you choose when asked and why?

I'm about 50/50 in terms of which one I'll pick. Simply too many things factor into the decision such as what the meal will be, what the soup options are, what the temperature is outside, how salty the soup is - for salads it usually has to do with what toppings are on the salad (I've seen iceberg lettuce with a cherry tomato on top deemed a salad before), which dressings are available, how hungry I actually am....there are just too many scenarios that come into play.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Is this for lunch?   Dinner?

for lunch, why not both?

for dinner I usually get a Caesar before the meal over a soup.

Caesar Is my go to salad, which you can get most places, but a soup is a lot more dependent on what the place is offering.  If I don’t like what the place has I’m not going to get it.

38 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Is this for lunch?   Dinner?

for lunch, why not both?

for dinner I usually get a Caesar before the meal over a soup.

Caesar Is my go to salad, which you can get most places, but a soup is a lot more dependent on what the place is offering.  If I don’t like what the place has I’m not going to get it.

I like Caesar too but I find a lot of places put WAAAAY too much dressing on it and then it's nasty. If you ask for light dressing them you get none and if you ask for it on the side the bowl is usually too small to toss it successfully yourself. 

On 8/4/2021 at 1:09 PM, hovertical said:

I like Caesar too but I find a lot of places put WAAAAY too much dressing on it and then it's nasty. If you ask for light dressing them you get none and if you ask for it on the side the bowl is usually too small to toss it successfully yourself. 

Eh, I like a lot of dressing. 

• Like 1