Jump to content

Laureano suspended 80 games for PEDs


SonOfJack
 Share

Recommended Posts


5 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

No wonder he had to use performance enhancing drugs, he's on at least three teams at once! I don't blame the guy.

Who cares about the Athletics, I am fighting for my playoff life in both leagues

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

You think Oakland knew about this coming when they targeted Marte?

Unless Laureano knew and gave them a heads up I'd say no. I don't think the testing gives much of a heads up before releasing the news to the public is what I mean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Unless Laureano knew and gave them a heads up I'd say no. I don't think the testing gives much of a heads up before releasing the news to the public is what I mean.

The player gets a chance to appeal it so they certainly know about it prior to the news breaking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Still doesn't explain why a vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting the illness it's supposed to be vaccinating against. 

It doesnt 100% prevent you from getting sick.  Nor does any vaccine.

 

It helps to prevent you from having serious symptoms and/or death.

 

The more that are vaccinated = the less likely severe illness occurs.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Das Texan said:

It doesnt 100% prevent you from getting sick.  Nor does any vaccine.

 

It helps to prevent you from having serious symptoms and/or death.

 

The more that are vaccinated = the less likely severe illness occurs.  

 

 

Well Done Reaction GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also the more that are vaccinated, the lower the odds the disease mutates, which is why people who are vaccinated are getting it.

 

The vaccine protected against the original Covid 19, but is less so against other strains.  Just like any flu shot you get yearly.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2021 at 12:39 PM, Das Texan said:

Also the more that are vaccinated, the lower the odds the disease mutates, which is why people who are vaccinated are getting it.

 

The vaccine protected against the original Covid 19, but is less so against other strains.  Just like any flu shot you get yearly.  

For the flu shot, they actually guess at what will be the dominant strain for the upcoming season. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they get it wrong. Kinda wild.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...