Misheard slur in Colorado

Erick

If it’s Brinson, I hope we invite the asshole fan from Colorado today who decided to yell the N-Word while Brinson was hitting. Maybe Brinson can hit his face with a bat like he’s been hitting the baseball lately.

Amazing that still happens in 2021. Fan should be banned for life.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Erick said:

If it’s Brinson, I hope we invite the asshole fan from Colorado today who decided to yell the N-Word while Brinson was hitting. Maybe Brinson can hit his face with a bat like he’s been hitting the baseball lately.

Amazing that still happens in 2021. Fan should be banned for life.

Agreed. Despicable.

• Like 1

After hearing about it I was shocked... but after pointing out the "Dinger" mascot name and rewatching this video I see this as more plausible than the racial slur. Even though I know racism still exists it is still hard to believe someone would just yell that in front of thousands without getting some backlash, and noone finding out who said it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzeNE3z_lfk

• Like 1

• SonOfJack changed the title to Possible racial slur in Colorado
  • SonOfJack changed the title to Misheard slur in Colorado

The video shows the man in question doesn’t even look at Brinson.  What really confirms it as a failed virtue signaling gone bad is the lady sitting beside him, she doesn’t look white and she’s having a great time.  

Along with the video seeming to show he wasn't even looking at Brinson/looking at the mascot, I feel like had a slur actually been said that most people would've turned and looked at him/said something at the time, no?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Along with the video seeming to show he wasn't even looking at Brinson/looking at the mascot, I feel like had a slur actually been said that most people would've turned and looked at him/said something at the time, no?

Yep. The absolute lack of reaction from anyone and everyone near the person said it all for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Entendu said:

I love how this is turning out. Thank God they didn't find him and kill him before this could be vetted.

That's how it should be done instead of deciding beforehand.

I'm certainly glad it turned out this way.

I suppose it was fairly reactionary, and thinking a bit deeper, if anyone had heard *that*, things would have been a good bit different in the moment, or at least I would hope so.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, QbanCastillo said:

Seriously, if someone thinks in 2021 that you can just yell the N word in a crowded stadium on live television and no one will bat an eye they are living in a warped view of the world, and one which I am glad we don't live in.

This goes for the media as well.  If people haven’t figured out in 2021 that the media willfully race baits at an extreme level and you’re not doubting the story first, you might need a long look in the mirror by now.  

• Like 5

At first I was sympathetic toward Brinson - now that it comes out that it wasn't what was said, maybe it's time everybody FINALLY take a step back, and not automatically assume the worst.

A very high profile racial issue in professional sports has happened twice now in the past year, and both of them turned out to be bullshit.  Both of them could have been completely avoided had the worst case conclusion not bee jumped to & politicized immediately.

Btw, the Bubba Wallace situation was complete and utter bullshit.  I've been going to Talladega for years, with garage passes.  Not just anyone is allowed in there.  And it just so happened to be at a time when fans weren't there at all - only essential personnel.  Had it truly been a racist act/message, or whatever, it would've only been possible that it were an inside job.

Edited by cyoung
  • Like 1

So finally watched the video. The first one is more inconclusive but still not the n word than the second which is clearly Dinger , but hombre really needs to start hitting the I-N-Gs a little harder and less on the E-R’s 

If Brinson has really listened to it 50 times it sounds like he’s just hearing what he wants to hear considering no one reacted to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1