Misheard slur in Colorado

Erick

6 hours ago, FishFry said:

So by your account, you’re admitting that the Democratic Party, ORIGINALLY formed the Klan for political gain?  So how then did I get in the way of facts?

Now regarding the switcheroo of the opposing parties, you really need to follow your advice and not be lazy and give some of that proof of study.  

Malcom X a minister in the 50s & 60s had a lot to say against the Liberals of his time.  This kinda goes against the water downed theory you have.  Here is the link with a quoted paragraph in the article. 

http://pge.libercus.net/.pf/showstory/201901080025/3

Malcolm X said: “The worst enemy that the Negro have is this white man that runs around here drooling at the mouth professing to love Negros and calling himself a liberal, and it is following these white liberals that has perpetuated problems that Negros have. If the Negro wasn’t taken, tricked or deceived by the white liberal, then Negros would get together and solve our own problems. I only cite these things to show you that in America, the history of the white liberal has been nothing but a series of trickery designed to make Negros think that the white liberal was going to solve our problems. Our problems will never be solved by the white man.”

My whole point is that governments are the foundation for all the sufferings against mankind.  Of course there is racism with every race.  But it’s the establishment that has caused their oppression.  Do I think Blacks & Native Americans should be compensated (lack of a better word) yes absolutely.  But blaming the white man is like blaming a fire and not the one who started the fire.   

NO SHIT the Democrats of the 1870s formed the KKK.  That's not any ground breaking theory.

Andi it was around the time of Malcolm X and the Civil Rights movement this essential 'switch' in party ideologies was actually made.  

But since you want to bring up Malcolm X...

Did you know the Republican party was the party of the African American for a good chunk of time since the 1860s?

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2014/07/14/331298996/why-did-black-voters-flee-the-republican-party-in-the-1960s

https://www.salon.com/2019/07/05/how-did-the-republican-party-become-so-conservative/

Now Malcolm X's talk about liberalism has NOTHING TO DO with political parties, but with the overall ideal of liberalism itself, since liberalism is essentially 'freedom' of.  Go look up the actual definition if you dont know.  

We association LIBERAL with DEMOCRAT

and CONSERVATIVE with REPUBLICAN

Malcolm X was referring to the more generalized term of liberals and warning Negroes against the white liberal aka of the white man offering and promising you all these freedoms and great things.

Incidentally, his autobiography is fascinating.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I think that was his point?  That it goes both ways, but it seems only one type is reported.

That wasn't how I read the tone, but of course I don't know his actual intentions.

Did you know that Black Americans are still incarcerated at higher rates per capita than White Americans? I'm pretty sure it's beyond false that "only one type is reported."

My whole point is that governments are the foundation for all the sufferings against mankind.  Of course there is racism with every race.  But it’s the establishment that has caused their oppression.  Do I think Blacks & Native Americans should be compensated (lack of a better word) yes absolutely.  But blaming the white man is like blaming a fire and not the one who started the fire.   

Holy shit, this is extremely reasonable!

I think it's more nuanced that just governments or the establishment are the problem. Lately I've come around to the idea that human nature on average tends to be shit. And while I wish that humans could self-govern, I have extreme doubts.

The people I respect don't blame the white man but rather "white supremacy." And that has a particular meaning (i.e. roughly the ideology that whiteness is better (which has a foothold across the world)...just as racism does (namely the systemic nature of the oppression).

But the American left likes to battle over words and semantics to virtue signal way more than is helpful. And so we (as a society) end up fighting about those words much more than is productive.

A friend once proposed the idea that capitalism requires a "haves" class and a "have-nots" class. From there, racism becomes one convenient vehicle for oppression. I suppose the visibility of the difference (between the haves and have-nots) could be key. Hence the yellow star for Jews in Nazi Germany. Or why women and people of different skin tones can fit. I'm just thinking out loud here. I found his theory interesting, to be sure. And perhaps the precursor to it being people who believed they could gain money, power, influence from capitalism (or whatever other economic structure).

And yeah, @Das Texan is 100% right about the political parties thing. Historians point to the King family's endorsement of JFK as the key event. That was preceded by JFK calling Coretta Scott King while Dr. King was in jail in 1960. See here.

And by the way, political parties are quite literally organizations/associations. They choose their own ideologies and activities. I vote Democrat because they are the closest to my ideas in most (definitely not all) cases.

But take Brazil for example. There, the left was disgustingly corrupt. It's what Mechanism (on Netflix) is about. If that were the case here, and a Republican with integrity was the opposition -- say, Mitt Romney -- then I'd vote Republican for the good of the country.

23 hours ago, pollythewog said:

There are people alive from when the US literally made black people drink from a different water fountain. This country was built on the exploitation of black people and that just doesn’t go away. There’s no both ways here 

I mean, it is getting better. Just not quickly enough.

Now we exploit EVERYONE in the work force.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Das Texan said:

NO SHIT the Democrats of the 1870s formed the KKK.  That's not any ground breaking theory.

Andi it was around the time of Malcolm X and the Civil Rights movement this essential 'switch' in party ideologies was actually made.  

But since you want to bring up Malcolm X...

Did you know the Republican party was the party of the African American for a good chunk of time since the 1860s?

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2014/07/14/331298996/why-did-black-voters-flee-the-republican-party-in-the-1960s

https://www.salon.com/2019/07/05/how-did-the-republican-party-become-so-conservative/

Now Malcolm X's talk about liberalism has NOTHING TO DO with political parties, but with the overall ideal of liberalism itself, since liberalism is essentially 'freedom' of.  Go look up the actual definition if you dont know.  

We association LIBERAL with DEMOCRAT

and CONSERVATIVE with REPUBLICAN

Malcolm X was referring to the more generalized term of liberals and warning Negroes against the white liberal aka of the white man offering and promising you all these freedoms and great things.

Incidentally, his autobiography is fascinating.  

I don’t see anything in the article that says the Republican Party shifted ideologies.  If you’re referring to Goldwater (Conservative) being against the Civil Rights Act, which he was, that doesn’t mean the Republicans adopted the Democratic Klan’s racists ideology.  It clearly says that Goldwater was against it because of the programs that would go against the constitution by making new laws with no restraint. Obviously Goldwater’s worries we’re correct with today’s radical policies.  

Here is why Goldwater was against the Civil Rights Acts.  His quote down below.

“Small government, a government that doesn't give out handouts to black people. A government that doesn't have laws that interfere with states' rights. A government that is not conducting a war on poverty."

Now tell me how that is racist?  He wasn’t against the blacks, but the programs that would be in place without restraint.  That’s what we see here and now.  So that his how the tide completely shifted with Black voters.  Sounds like Goldwater & Malcom X would have agreed, no doubt in my mind about that. 

Moving on....Yeah, I know the parties campaign on Conservative or Liberal ideas and those ideas bong to their respective party (R  or D).  Thats doesn’t mean Malcom X wasn’t against the whole establishment of the Democrats, here is another quote.

“I’m one of the 22 million Black victims of the Democrats. One of the 22 million Black victims of the Republicans and one of the 22 million Black victims of Americanism. And when I speak, I don’t speak as a Democrat or a Republican, nor an American. I speak as a victim of America’s so-called democracy. You and I have never seen democracy – all we’ve seen is hypocrisy. “

Malcom X desired a community for his people with their own establishment, away from the white man altogher.

Last point.  The white Democrats founded the Klan for political gain.  They caused a massive population of brainwashing whites to hate the black race.   It started as a political vote suppression into an actual hate group.  I don’t deny that, but we need more awareness.  The radical false narratives against innocent white people only furthers the problem. 

On 8/12/2021 at 12:25 AM, Das Texan said:

In the 1950s/1960s the Republicans and Democrats essentially switched ideologies.    The Democrats of the 1890s-1910s that were Klan members are now Republicans in terms of ways one thinks and vice versa.

That's a fallacy.

It clearly says that Goldwater was against it because of the programs that would go against the constitution by making new laws with no restraint. Obviously Goldwater’s worries we’re correct with today’s radical policies.

Which policies do you consider radical?

On 8/12/2021 at 9:13 AM, mystikol87 said:

And yeah, And by the way, political parties are quite literally organizations/associations. They choose their own ideologies and activities. I vote Democrat because they are the closest to my ideas in most (definitely not all) cases.

But take Brazil for example. There, the left was disgustingly corrupt. It's what Mechanism (on Netflix) is about. If that were the case here, and a Republican with integrity was the opposition -- say, Mitt Romney -- then I'd vote Republican for the good of the country.

That may be essentially what Goldwater feared in the 60’s with the Civil Rights Act.  His public stance on that shifted the Black votes completely.  The Great Depression under Hoover (R) was the first tide against the Republicans and after Goldwaters remarks against the Civil Rights Act, it was more than enough to vote for assistance over morality and who could blame them, I don’t.

Here is Goldwater’s quote again to show the similarities or sound that would lead them to believe that poverty wasn’t going to change.

“Small government, a government that doesn't give out handouts to black people. A government that doesn't have laws that interfere with states' rights. A government that is not conducting a war onpoverty”.  

This is also how the tea party was viewed as a racist group by the Left. Goldwater was the founder of the tea party when he made that stance.  It now becomes more apparent how the Left can’t separate what one is really trying to relay.   This is how people like Das form their opinions, so carelessly.

I like a lot of what you posted.  Im going to respond piece by piece though .

9 hours ago, Das Texan said:

I know its not as simplistic as that and the shift had started to happen with the New Deal but its pretty much accurate.  

Eh, I think it sounded like the Dems shifted more into the Republican Party from a non-Klan view.   I’m yet to be convinced by the “switch” of Republicans though.  You can’t or haven’t proved that  

On 8/10/2021 at 8:22 AM, Piazza31 said:

An example was going to be made, and they fumbled the bag. Everyone did everything right. Call it out the second it happens and correct it. No one has been outed as the "Dinger" guy. No one knows what he looks like besides a old white guy in Rockies gear.

Except, you know, follow a basic principle of justice in most first world countries... 

Man, I'm getting old.. There's so much shit i want to respond to here. Five years ago, I'd be going around in circles with people about all of this and now all I can muster up is a sentence or two.

What happened to me? I used to be cool...