Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

UPDATE: Kansas City Royals Sold For $1 Billion

4 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Or wait.  Should it be $816 for KC  🤔

$816 - i'll send you my paypal info.  I nominate myself to be the safekeeper of funds for this project. 

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

I nominate myself to be the safekeeper of funds for this project. 

I trust you less than I trusted @SongInTheAir the other day

13 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I trust you less than I trusted @SongInTheAir the other day

I was taking initiative since nobody else was.  If anything that only shows how dedicated I am to this endeavor.

3 hours ago, pollythewog said:

How can I be of service

I guess we need someone to clean the bathrooms.

• Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

I'm late to this thread but why is the Royals owner trying to get Chris Sale to play for the Royals? Sale already has a contract with Boston and I think $1 billion is definitely too much for one player. 

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I think $1 billion is definitely too much for one player. 

It's gonna be heavily back loaded.

UPDATE:

Reports are the team has been sold.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/08/david-glass-sells-royals-john-sherman-indians.html

Royals owner David Glass has agreed to sell the team to Kansas City businessman John Sherman for a sum of one billion dollars, USA Today’s Bob Nightengale reports (via Twitter). Sherman, currently the vice chairman of the division-rival Indians, will divest himself from the Cleveland organization once the agreement is ratified by the other 29 ownership groups in November. Talks of a potential sale were first reported by Ken Rosenthal and Jayson Stark of The Athletic earlier this week.

Nightengale tweeted yesterday that the sale of the Royals was motivated by health reasons for Glass, 83. The former CEO of Wal-Mart, Glass purchased the Royals for the sum of $96MM back in 2000. He was responsible for appointing Dayton Moore as the club’s general manager — a decision that resulted in a lengthy rebuild but ultimately culminated in consecutive World Series appearances, including the team’s drought-breaking World Series win over the Mets in 2015.