Turkey

SonOfJack

Honest question because I have this debate/argument with my sister again and again, how does everyone feel about turkey as a substitute for other meats? I have a big problem with turkey burgers, turkey bacon, turkey hot dogs, etc. I get that it is probably a healthier option but I'm bothered that it's entirely different than the intended product and the taste changes and it just doesn't work for me. Like if I'm eating turkey bacon then I'm not really eating bacon and I can't get behind that. 

My sister prefers this garbage and has intentionally deceived me with turkey products after telling me they aren't turkey just to get my reaction. 

Same thing with soy and vegetarian options of things, it's just fake to me. I get the legitimate reasons that some people would choose those things but I'm bugged by the people who choose those things when the original options are perfectly fine for them. Maybe I just hate that this has become like a trendy thing.

20 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Honest question because I have this debate/argument with my sister again and again, how does everyone feel about turkey as a substitute for other meats? I have a big problem with turkey burgers, turkey bacon, turkey hot dogs, etc. I get that it is probably a healthier option but I'm bothered that it's entirely different than the intended product and the taste changes and it just doesn't work for me. Like if I'm eating turkey bacon then I'm not really eating bacon and I can't get behind that. 

My sister prefers this garbage and has intentionally deceived me with turkey products after telling me they aren't turkey just to get my reaction. 

Same thing with soy and vegetarian options of things, it's just fake to me. I get the legitimate reasons that some people would choose those things but I'm bugged by the people who choose those things when the original options are perfectly fine for them. Maybe I just hate that this has become like a trendy thing.

I have no problem with turkey burgers as a change from a cow burger as a change from a bison burger as a change from a chicken burger.

A lot of hot dogs arent real meat anyway so.....

As far as turkey bacon:

spacer.png

oh and regarding fake meat stuff.  get the fuck out with that.

everything is both healthy and awful for you at the same time.

I have many old farmers in my family who lived to age 90 plus on red meat and starches their entire life.  

Activity level is almost more critical than what you eat!

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

My thought is if you know ahead of time it's not the "original", then whatever, you made that choice, go for it.  If someone (like your sister apparently) tries to pass it off as the original, knowing it's turkey ____[burger, bacon, etc], then no.

If a place offers it, and maybe I want something different, may go for turkey something, but like I said, that's an intentional choice.

On 9/9/2021 at 11:12 AM, SilverBullet said:

If you have to make a fake meat burger with beet juice blood to get people to eat your garbage, you've already lost.

• Like 1