Fernando Tatis Jr is back in the Big Leagues

FishFan95

37 minutes ago, Michael said:

Player has to decide on his surgery too if he wants to get it. No lawsuit really could be made, I don't believe.

How would you feel about players having rights wether or not they should get the Covid vaccine?

I mean it’s a bit over the top that a player can milk out his contract waiting for a health (surgery) decision, but at the same time a players refusal to be injected is not negotiable. 

9 hours ago, FishFry said:

How would you feel about players having rights wether or not they should get the Covid vaccine?

I mean it’s a bit over the top that a player can milk out his contract waiting for a health (surgery) decision, but at the same time a players refusal to be injected is not negotiable. 

There are still players who are active who haven't had the vaccine shots so not sure what your mindset is here.

Sure, there are benefits in place for the players/teams who get it to a high enough rate but the league hasn't said "get it or you're suspended until you do."

I'd say currently they have the right to do as they please in that regard.

As it is, Tatis appears to be alright - he had four hits yesterday with two homers. 🤷‍♂️ So perhaps he is able to hold off on this surgery until the offseason.

23 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

This is gonna end up with some lawsuit from the players union. This guys shoulder is hanging on by a string 

Not sure what you're getting at here.  If the player doesn't want to have surgery until the offseason, the team can't force him to.  Just like they can't force a pitcher to have Tommy John (some try the rehab route first).

27 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Not sure what you're getting at here.  If the player doesn't want to have surgery until the offseason, the team can't force him to.  Just like they can't force a pitcher to have Tommy John (some try the rehab route first).

I understand that everyone was “ok” with it but I just believe that if he ends up picking up a career altering injury over it, something major will come from it going forward that will change the decision making process for situations like this. 

3 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I understand that everyone was “ok” with it but I just believe that if he ends up picking up a career altering injury over it, something major will come from it going forward that will change the decision making process for situations like this. 

Then that's both his/the Padres fault for not taking the cautious route.  Nothing to create a lawsuit over.