Guess the GIF

52 minutes ago, 1.618 said:

1. Back to the Future 

2. One Flew Over

3. Good, Bad, Ugly

4. Blazing Saddles 

5.  Don’t know.  Maybe a planet of the Apes sequel. 

Cool list. I’ll do my top 5 for every genres. 

2001 A space odyssey is #5.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Not a fan of horror movies... 1 and 2 IDK... #3 looks like Poltergeist 3,  #4 - The Thing? #5 - Killer klowns From outer Space?

You’re right on #4 & #5.  

#3 is close, just wrong order. 

I don’t really watch much horror.   Those I’ll watch once a year.  They are childhood memories staying up  watching HBO. 

Edited by 1.618

3 hours ago, 1.618 said:

.  They are childhood memories staying up  watching HBO. 

Two early 80's memories from HBO... I'd be impressed if you got the animated one but it is considered a cult classic (and hint: it was produced by George Lucas!)

time bandits GIF by Nickstop motion what GIF by dot_pieces

2 hours ago, 1.618 said:

Top 5 thriller/Drama 

3684F3A6-3BD3-49CF-8F3D-918AA188A823.jpeg.ebbf261cc6d8e6fa5abd6c7f369e3c9d.jpegFCDCCD3B-A4BF-4FA0-AC11-C5F70ACE764D.jpeg.f229625d6fb29fface8363cf9aa943c6.jpegAnimated GIFB538B556-1B55-47EA-98AB-D92F40F0E383.jpeg.6406f86e759b6e8714116f5d5e30f6e5.jpegLoo

hmm... #1 Papillon? kinda looks like Steve McQueen on the right #2 - Looks like Yul Brynner, Magnificent Seven?, #3 - Cool Hand Luke, #4 Kinda looks like Ed Harris and Adrienne Barbeau, IDK, #5 Thunderbolt And Lightfoot

1 hour ago, CyggyMarlin said:

hmm... #1 Papillon? kinda looks like Steve McQueen on the right #2 - Looks like Yul Brynner, Magnificent Seven?, #3 - Cool Hand Luke, #4 Kinda looks like Ed Harris and Adrienne Barbeau, IDK, #5 Thunderbolt And Lightfoot

Right on #1, #3, #5 & the actors names on #2 & #4 are right.

#2 The Ultimate Warrior.  

#4 Pollock 

Pretty sure I seen your first movie and I do vaguely remember watching a trailer of that animation by Lucas.  That’s all I got though.  

That horror miss list is:

1# Return of the Living Dead 

#2 Poltergeist 2 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 1.618 said:

Right on #1, #3, #5 & the actors names on #2 & #4 are right.

#2 The Ultimate Warrior.  

#4 Pollock 

Pretty sure I seen your first movie and I do vaguely remember watching a trailer of that animation by Lucas.  That’s all I got though.  

That horror miss list is:

1# Return of the Living Dead 

#2 Poltergeist 2 

Picture #1 from my gifs.... It was produced by ex-Beatle George Harrison and had members of Monty Python in it (and Sean Connery!)

Picture #2... the animated character was voiced by the original voice of Garfield The Cat... It gained cult status on HBO because of a mix-up... The movie was made as a kids flick and voiced by stand-up comedians.... There was an alternate cut made where the comedians started throwing in swear words and it was a joke and not intended for release.  Somehow that copy went to HBO and us kids found it and loved all the swearing...lol... The DVD comes with an audio track option for kiddie or swearing version

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, CyggyMarlin said:

GIF #1 - A Terry Gilliam film... you can tell by the trailer that Monty Python people were involved

GIF #2

What a lost art..Time Bandits looks like a masterpiece.

3 hours ago, 1.618 said:

What a lost art..Time Bandits looks like a masterpiece.

I saw it in the theater and loved it... Very low budget but it added to its charm.  A band of midgets (including Kenny Baker 'R2-D2') steal a map of time holes from the Supreme Being and go on a spree of robbing historical people, dragging a 20th century kid with them along the way.  The Devil is watching and wants the map so he can go back and redo creation in his image...  David Warner (Tron, Star Trek VI) is great as the Devil..

The Criterion Blu-Ray Edition comes with a replica of the map of time holes 😄

Other Terry Gilliam films you might like: Brazil (with Robert DeNiro) & The Fisher King (with Robin Williams and Jeff Bridges)

Edited by CyggyMarlin