Edward Cabrera called up

Admin

Pros of his debut:

Through 6.1, absolutely amazing stuff last night. A lot of soft contact. Attacked the zone with confidence all night. He had Soto off balance basically the entire time.

Cons:

Started relying very heavily on his change-up late. He was leaving it high a lot but it worked earlier in the game when he was throwing the fastball more. When he started doubling and tripling up on it late, it got hammered.

Overall ... learning experience for him, but I'm very excited for his future here.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 5:03 AM, Michael said:

Pros of his debut:

Through 6.1, absolutely amazing stuff last night. A lot of soft contact. Attacked the zone with confidence all night. He had Soto off balance basically the entire time.

Cons:

Started relying very heavily on his change-up late. He was leaving it high a lot but it worked earlier in the game when he was throwing the fastball more. When he started doubling and tripling up on it late, it got hammered.

Overall ... learning experience for him, but I'm very excited for his future here.

Could be wrong, but his breaking ball wasn’t as sharp as it usually looks. 

9 minutes ago, WillyumKeef said:

Could be wrong, but his breaking ball wasn’t as sharp as it usually looks. 

First time I'd seen him personally so I can't refute or affirm this one. But if it wasn't as sharp as normal, that's a good thing, because it still looked pretty good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael said:

First time I'd seen him personally so I can't refute or affirm this one. But if it wasn't as sharp as normal, that's a good thing, because it still looked pretty good.

Games ive seen it was driving hard into the dirt and he was throwing it often. His 12 k game for instance