Edward Cabrera called up

SonOfJack

39 minutes ago, 1.618 said:

This FO though.  They try and save face so hard because the 7 gm losing streak and not firing Don like they should have.

😆

As I said months ago, I'm not convinced that Mattingly is locked in for 2022 and if we keep having more stretches like this previous week then Donnie is gonna get himself fired.

They picked up his 2022 option more out of a formality/out of courtesy, but Donnie still has to show that it was the right move. All he really has to do is have them playing the game right and proving they can still win some ballgames here and there. A few more seven game losing streaks is exactly what Donnie can't let happen now. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

As I said months ago, I'm not convinced that Mattingly is locked in for 2022 and if we keep having more stretches like this previous week then Donnie is gonna get himself fired.

They picked up his 2022 option more out of a formality/out of courtesy, but Donnie still has to show that it was the right move. All he really has to do is have them playing the game right and proving they can still win some ballgames here and there. A few more seven game losing streaks is exactly what Donnie can't let happen now. 

It’s not happening, the players already know Don.  I’m not going to judge him and say I know how he is as a manager, but the players do and it’s translating into losses, nor is it by accident either.  

Unless Don goes completely off the grid and demands a sweeping change from the Alfaros plaguing this team, the players aren’t going to go all out. 

They should have given Don a courtesy flush instead.  It’s clear now that the FO is treasonous. 

Edited by 1.618