Yoffry Solano

7 hours ago, CyggyMarlin said:

They better be using money to buy bats this offseason

This.

I know some fans are happy moving the goalposts every year and saying "just wait" and "trust the process" and stuff like that, but I'm done waiting to see the ownership actually try. We can't just eternally wait for prospects and more prospects. The front office has to know when to add via free agency and that time is this off-season.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

It seems almost all the Latin American infielder prospects are “SS” …

The best athletes play SS at least at the beginning, it isn't just with Latin America. For instance, JT Realmuto was a shortstop and is known as a great athlete. The theory is that if you can master SS, you can play anywhere else in the field.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

The best athletes play SS at least at the beginning, it isn't just with Latin America. For instance, JT Realmuto was a shortstop and is known as a great athlete. The theory is that if you can master SS, you can play anywhere else in the field.

Might also be CF as well.

3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

This.

I know some fans are happy moving the goalposts every year and saying "just wait" and "trust the process" and stuff like that, but I'm done waiting to see the ownership actually try. We can't just eternally wait for prospects and more prospects. The front office has to know when to add via free agency and that time is this off-season.

The Padres come to mind.... They had a great farm system but they still added pieces like Machado...  I get the feeling our FO wants to go all-prospects and save money.... The stadium and tv deals should bring in extra money, but if this franchise wants to still play the Poverty Card next season, I am out

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

This.

My first thought was yay! Someone that may or may not pan out in 3-5 years. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Starting to feel like it's less fans like that though. Even the patient diehards are starting to be worn down by this garbage.

Agreed.  I feel like I’ve seen a noticeable shift in viewpoint here from “it’s part of the process, give it time” to “time to put up or shut up”

• Like 2