Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Syndergaard doesn't want to be paired with Ramos

Noah Syndergaard has a problem with being paired with WIlson Ramos as his catcher but the Mets keep doing it because Ramos is a better bat than the other catchers and now Noah has spoken up about this concern.

Winning is something Syndergaard has done more efficiently with backup catchers Tomas Nido and Rene Rivera than with Ramos. Throwing to the former two backstops, Syndergaard owns a 2.22 ERA in 11 starts. Pitching to the latter, he has produced a 5.09 ERA in 15 starts.

https://www.mlb.com/news/noah-syndergaard-questions-catcher-pairing

What do you think? Is Syndergaard right to complain or is he not being a team player by making this a thing? Seems like a fine line, thoughts?

I think that the pitcher should be able to choose his own catcher. If he is worried about any drop in run support he has no one to complain to, but I believe that catchers are more valuable to prevent runs than as a run producer anyway.

But given that these are the Mets, let them take whichever path leads them to the most loses.

3 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

how does Ramos do with say Degrom? Sounds like thor is being a big baby

Thor does kinda seem like an asshole - I remember prior to the season he was also complaining about having to use the clubhouse of some minor league affiliate for a game for whatever reason because it wasn't up to major league standards.