"Tampa Bay Montreal Rays" idea gaining momentum

Admin

https://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/opinion/2021/09/26/the-tampa-bay-rays-have-teased-montreal-baseball-fans-before-but-this-time-feels-different.html

The Rays, who clinched the AL East Division title this weekend, will put a sign up in foul territory down the right-field line with what they’re calling a “very simple Tampa Bay Montreal graphic.”

It’ll be the first concrete indication that this thing could really happen.

Rays president Matt Silverman said Saturday on the team’s pre-game show, “This Week in Rays Baseball,” that he’s “more optimistic today than I’ve ever been that we’re going to make this happen.”

5 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

This is an awful idea I can't believe it's going farther. Probably a win for Montreal long term but this is gonna kill baseball in central Florida. I'd be livid if I'm a Rays fan and would kinda be very desperate to hopefully witness a World Series win before they start moving out.

Rays barely have the worst fans in baseball, they deserve to have the team moved 

6 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

This is an awful idea I can't believe it's going farther. Probably a win for Montreal long term but this is gonna kill baseball in central Florida. I'd be livid if I'm a Rays fan and would kinda be very desperate to hopefully witness a World Series win before they start moving out.

Another great idea brought to you by Manfred League Baseball TM.

Edited by rmc523

13 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Tampa had their chance.  They dont deserve a franchise.  Good Riddance.

On 9/27/2021 at 5:09 PM, rmc523 said:

I still think this is a moronic idea, and will long term wind up resulting in the team in Montreal permanently anyway.

They can't get one city to build them a stadium now, why would 2 cities build them stadiums for half the games.

Only moronic if you think the long term plan is to split the franchise in both cities...

2 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Tampa had their chance.  They dont deserve a franchise.  Good Riddance.

Only moronic if you think the long term plan is to split the franchise in both cities...

I don't - I think they'll end up in Montreal permanently.

I just don't know why they're still pushing the idea publicly, though.

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I don't - I think they'll end up in Montreal permanently.

I just don't know why they're still pushing the idea publicly, though.

i'm not really sure what idea they are pushing?

Its fairly obvious what the intentions are.

I assume its a combo of stadium to be built in Montreal and wont be ready for x years coupled with the Rays lease in Tampa is why there is this 'two stadium' idea.

Though honestly, I didnt even know the Big O could still be considered MLB quality for real games, but *shrugs*

8 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

i'm not really sure what idea they are pushing?

Its fairly obvious what the intentions are.

I assume its a combo of stadium to be built in Montreal and wont be ready for x years coupled with the Rays lease in Tampa is why there is this 'two stadium' idea.

Though honestly, I didnt even know the Big O could still be considered MLB quality for real games, but *shrugs*

Putting up a TAMPA BAY MONTREAL graphic and having their president say their more optimistic than ever about the split city idea is a public pushing to me.

6 years is plenty of time to build a stadium for a single city.  There'd be no need to do a dual city thing temporarily, especially if they've supposedly already been working on it.

The split city idea kills me as a long term idea and I'm looking at things from a diehard Rays fan perspective but if we're looking at this as an eventually permanent relocation then it's definitely a different story and probably something Montreal does deserve over the awful Tampa Bay area.

"Montreal gets MLB back" is a positive take as opposed to "St. Pete loses MLB team"