A Scout's Perception On Our Prospects

QbanCastillo

Outfielder JJ Bleday (.212, .323 on-base average, second in Southern League in walks with 64, 12 homers, 54 RBI in 110 games at Pensacola):

“They should be concerned. He’s got holes in his swing. He got better toward the end of the year, but he’s not a center fielder defensively - certainly not in their [big-league] ballpark - and has a ways to go with the bat.

“When you hit .200 in a small ballpark, you’re not close to being big-league ready. And Pensacola has a small park... I would make him repeat this league for a half year next year. I wouldn’t expect much moving forward. They put too much stock in his one really good year at Vanderbilt.”

Article also ranks the worst seasons.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article254462793.html

• QbanCastillo changed the title to A Scout's Perception On Our Prospects

I disagree with him about Meyer but most of the rest is pretty much on-point.

Bleday should be doing way better than he did this year. Obviously Mesa has been a big expensive bust, but everyone knows that already. Burdick looks promising. There's just not much going on as far as hitting prospects in this system. Meanwhile they have tons of pitching, and a very young Eury Perez dominated Low A at 18 years old and got moved up to High A and still looked great.

I'm glad at least Jesus/Jazz/Lewin are working out, because outside of that this lineup is trash.

13 hours ago, FutureGM said:

I'm glad at least Jesus/Jazz/Lewin are working out, because outside of that this lineup is trash.

Are they really all working out?

Jazz has been pretty fucking awful in the second half.

Jesus has been better lately.

Lewin hasnt really produced much.

13 hours ago, FutureGM said:

Bleday should be doing way better than he did this year. Obviously Mesa has been a big expensive bust, but everyone knows that already. Burdick looks promising. There's just not much going on as far as hitting prospects in this system. Meanwhile they have tons of pitching, and a very young Eury Perez dominated Low A at 18 years old and got moved up to High A and still looked great.

Also the more I read and learn about Bleday the more you have to wonder if he turned one incredibly amazing college season into a top draft pick and bonus.

Other than that one season he hasnt been that amazing. 

Maybe what we are seeing in the minors really is who he is?  A bit concerning and says more about his perception and bad talent evaluation if so.  

It happens though.  You just cant have it always happen. 

Lastly, what the living fuck are the Marlins trying to accomplish with their catcher rotation or whatever they are calling it?

And what the fuck was the point of having Leon pitch AGAIN.

Its not like you really need to save any bullpen arms for next week at this point.