Optimism for Sandy extension

taiwanmarlin

• SonOfJack changed the title to Optimism for Sandy extension

Good to hear it but I can't say I'm surprised. If this front office is gonna believe in anyone right now it's Sandy and so they'll give him a fair amount and on his side of it, why wouldn't Sandy take an extension now, and even if it's very team friendly it should be a comfortable decision for Sandy, who has also seemed very open to being one of the top guys here longterm. Just saying this is probably the best fit for both sides so it's gotta happen, right? Reminds me a bit of the Yelich extension, easy decision on both sides at the time.

Sandy and his reps would be morons to turn down a reasonable extension that buys out 1-2 years of free agency to get that guaranteed money.

a 4 yr extension thats factors in the remaining arby years with a discount of sorts for those free agency years makes to much sense and he will sign.

53 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Sandy and his reps would be morons to turn down a reasonable extension that buys out 1-2 years of free agency to get that guaranteed money.

a 4 yr extension thats factors in the remaining arby years with a discount of sorts for those free agency years makes to much sense and he will sign.

This is what I mean. Makes too much sense for both sides.