Any changes coming for the coaching staff ??

Fotog

We know about Mattingly....and Stottlemyre should be retained....but

How can you bring back the same staff that led the league in errors & getting picked off (almost the most guys picked off in 10 years too) ???

1 hour ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Fire anyone involved with hitting development from rookie ball on up

I'll mostly agree with this. Some of the guys we got started to turn it around later in the year but that could be attributed to pitchers getting worn down.

Stottlemyre should be the only one given a lengthy contract here. Him and other pitching development guys.

Mattingly is 100% on a lame duck contract here unless the team ends up being amazing in 2022. Like 95+ wins amazing with a deep playoff run.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 7:55 AM, Michael said:

Mattingly is 100% on a lame duck contract here unless the team ends up being amazing in 2022.

This got me thinking. Mattingly is almost for sure gone after 2022 because I doubt we're a 100 win team in 22 so I think that's more reason to can him now especially if they think they're contending next season. A lame duck manager going into a season where you expect to finally start being a real contender? Get the next guy in before that expected season comes.

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

This got me thinking. Mattingly is almost for sure gone after 2022 because I doubt we're a 100 win team in 22 so I think that's more reason to can him now especially if they think they're contending next season. A lame duck manager going into a season where you expect to finally start being a real contender? Get the next guy in before that expected season comes.

If Mattingly is really that bad then it's possible he would messed up the 2022 season with a competing roster if we have one, so this team either knowing something we don't and Mattingly is really a good manager or they're just too stupid to identify a manager correctly.