Hot Stove (2021-2022 offseason)

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Bally's still being punks with streaming services. I guess there goes another year of me not watching any games. Morons.

I think DirecTV Stream is the only one still with the contract nowadays, not sure though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

This, what we don't need in the process of rebuilding is a ROOKIE GM, I believe the low salary would be a big factor for Ng's hiring. It's a big challenge for the veteran GM working for the small market teams let alone the rookie one. 

I disagree, Kim has enough front office experience including as an assistant GM that I don't think her being new at this position is much of a factor. Plus there are others working with her as well.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

I disagree, Kim has enough front office experience including as an assistant GM that I don't think her being new at this position is much of a factor. Plus there are others working with her as well.

As report Ng be the final decisions maker after the leaving of Jeter, so she has a very big role in the moves after the lockout, maybe it's the first time she has a final say to the deals even she's a second year GM (I believe Jeter's the final decisions maker when he's the CEO of this team).

Just now, taiwanmarlin said:

As report Ng be the final decisions maker after the leaving of Jeter, so she has a very big role in the moves after the lockout, maybe it's the first time she has a final say to the deals even she's a second year GM (I believe Jeter's the final decisions maker when he's the CEO of this team).

Yes but so what if it's her first time in charge. She's not inexperienced at the duties of the job.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Yes but so what if it's her first time in charge. She's not inexperienced at the duties of the job.

Also, pretty sure any GM would have gladly offered the big money to Correa,Bryant, etc if their owner had simply said they don't care what it costs - just go get me those guys. It ALWAYS goes back to the money. I'm sure Ng would love to have been given the green light to bump payroll to the 150mil range or something that would really have made this a title contending team.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Kim is a pro's pro - agree. My guess is she has been given a shitty budget so everything needs to align perfectly.

It's time for Bruce to greenlight "$90m" and these problems go away fast.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Mish strongly implied this, he says it makes no sense that they're putting that on the backburner. 

Sounds like to me they are trying to stall just long enough so that all the high priced players are gone & then when they go the cheap route again, they can shrug the shoulders & say well we tried what ya gonna do ? 

17 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

She had Jeter to fall back on, now fully in charge, we assume, so much to speculate on her capabilities.  

13 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

More likely to get neither.

Which I contend is the strategy all along. Sherman has $$$ in his eyes from those new TV and naming rights contracts. Remember even if they sign someone, there is a better than 50% cchance they are traded at or just before the deadline