Hot Stove (2021-2022 offseason)

I think most of us are on the same page here - time to put up or shut up, or they're going to lose even a lot of the die hards.

As @Michael points out, we're technically not in the offseason yet until the WS concludes, but we can still discuss things, and he brings up a good point about extensions that can be worked on in the meantime.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Let's wait til the actual offseason.

Since that's when we can actually sign anyone.

(Although the wheels need to be rolling on some extensions right away)

I know but I also can't wait till the end of the WS and I think this team have many work to do about the current roster right after the end of the last regular season game. 

7 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Just in terms of attracting free agents, they have to try and do at least an extension. Show some kind of commitment to the big league team, any commitment.  Extend Sandy A as soon as possible and then hit free agency when that begins. 

I like how you had to specify Sandy A.   lol  Kim might read "Sandy" and give Leon the 80M extension.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I would assume most of you already saw this, but:

Hopefully "active" means offering legitimate deals to legitimate free agents rather than just making a few phone calls and offering "we tried" types of contracts.

EDIT: I see this was already posted in another thread. But oh well. Point still stands.

Edited by Valid
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Marlins need to be on the phone with Marte's agent at 12:01 AM when free agency begins. Bring him home.

I believe the 4/50 already non-existent after he hits the open market, so what's the new fair offers to him ? I would treat the difference as the cost to acquire Luzardo.