Hollandsworth will not return to booth in 2022

SonOfJack

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

With this news I think the Miami Marlins have already secured a successful offseason. This is a move that already improves the 2022 Marlins, the first really major step from this ownership towards creating a first class championship level organization. 

If anything, it'd make the hot garbage the team will be without any moves more watchable....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Tbh this is possible. He's a former Marlin (and Yankee) and did studio work before becoming manager. If he is canned, he isn't that likely to get another skipper job immediately.

Joe Girardi this this between his Yankee and Phillies gigs.  Saw him earlier this evening.

17 hours ago, rmc523 said:

If anything, it'd make the hot garbage the team will be without any moves more watchable....

Yep, at the very least I was serious about that. Removing Hollandsworth is an improvement for me as a viewer of the broadcasts and that's not even me exaggeration my dislike for him, that's just the truth because he annoys me so much.

• Like 2

They should have a one man booth. I’d be fine with Paul alone. Never felt the need for color guys when 95% of what they say is fluff. Listen to Gefner on the radio, he’s great alone. There’s nothing wrong with having some silence between pitches. In fact, just simulcast the radio broadcast.

Regarding Kelly, I’d prefer Someone who’s played in the big leagues. I like to hear insight from someone who has actually been there, just my preference.

Dontrelle would at least be an upgrade over Todd but not sure if he’s the long term answer. If you really listen to him he has almost a lisp that will probably bug me. Though not as much as Eduardo Perez’s Voice. He sounds like he’s choking on gum all the time. 

22 hours ago, EricOwens! said:

They should have a one man booth. I’d be fine with Paul alone. Never felt the need for color guys when 95% of what they say is fluff. Listen to Gefner on the radio, he’s great alone. There’s nothing wrong with having some silence between pitches. In fact, just simulcast the radio broadcast.

Through the eyes of the TV networks, baseball is still a TV show and thus entertainment, even if there are good one man commentators I can't see them going that way ever. There's the entertainment aspect of having more than one person so they can have conversation and banter. Silence between pitches is probably something the TV networks fear, especially considering the already relaxed pace of most baseball games. 

15 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Through the eyes of the TV networks, baseball is still a TV show and thus entertainment, even if there are good one man commentators I can't see them going that way ever. There's the entertainment aspect of having more than one person so they can have conversation and banter. Silence between pitches is probably something the TV networks fear, especially considering the already relaxed pace of most baseball games. 

That was the good thing about Rich and Tommy - they had great banter together, while also realizing not every single second of air time needed to have rambling *cough Holly *cough.  They wouldn't go radio silent for minutes, but also would take a break for a second and just let the game happen.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 4:36 PM, QbanCastillo said:

I took a liking to Eduardo when he was in the booth. I would be fine with that choice.

I just didn't like that he spoke as if he has a mouth full of jaw breakers.

He has gotten better at enunciating his words.